Brittany Ferries Survey (1 Viewer)

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I’m sure that some of you will have had the survey form emailed to you after a crossing and after sailing on the Cap Finistre on Friday I received ours today.
Anyway I gave them both barrels mainly on disembarking, for those who know the Crap Finistre there is a ramp which apart from vibrating the van to bits is the access to the upper car deck. This is then raised while they fill in the deck below which means that you have to wait until the lower deck is emptied and they then lower the ramp so you can go back down it.
We were parked past the ramp entrance so in theory we should have gone all the way around to reach the ramp entrance. We were sat there 40 minutes and although behind us were empty there were no crew in sight to tell the vans in front of us to move forward.
Anyway I reversed back around 60 meters to reach the ramp entrance and made my own way out, thankfully I did not have the car on a trailer this year.
Will not be sailing on the Crap Finistre again and told them that I would rather take the tunnel and drive down through France.
Rant over.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We came over on the 13 December and it was the same as always. It was blinking rough again but we managed to park inside with the trailer on the boat. No problems unloading either as it always takes ages to unload but they were there to guide everyone. We are just hoping it is still running on the 4 Jan as if not it’s going to be a long drive through France as need to be home by the 6 Jan for work.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back