Brittany Ferries: Portsmouth/le Havre Route (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Arrived back in Portsmouth from Le havre on Brittany Ferries' "Baie de Seine".

NEVER AGAIN!

This ferry is not suited to a short channel-crossing. It was obviously originally built for routes involving overnight crossings and most definately not for the 5 hour journies that she is currently employed on. Must be a cheap charter for BF!!
There are many cabins available but not a single reclining seat for anyone anywhere.The available seating is totally inadequate for relaxing and passing away those endless hours.

I presume that their plan is to get passengers to fork out the extra for cabins but on a daytime shortish crossing that should never be the case.

Thankfully our sailing was relatively empty but I would hate to think of the conditions aboard during peak busy times!

Anyone booked on this ferry beware, because you WILL arrive at destination with a stiff neck and back and not relaxed at all.

OP
OP
sciac2001
Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Do they go to Le Havre? I thought that Brittany had once again edged out all competition!
Will investigate much more thoroughly next time.
Cheers.

Deleted User
Just got round to checking this out, the Baie de Seine is used on the 'Economie' service which is exactly what it says.....an economy basic service.

It took less than 5 minutes research on BF website to find details of the Baie de Seine and it clearly states that seating is limited.

You pays your money and takes your choice!

I am a member of BF Club Voyage and have used their crossings for many years and always found the service good, the 'Economie' service was introduced as a response to LD lines short lived venture into competition with BF on the Spanish routes.

BF are not cheap but sometimes you get what you pay for and to operate a decent service needs a certain level of charges.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back