Brittany Ferries, Plymouth to Roscoff and Santander Change of Schedule (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi,

Just heard on TV that BF have altered their schedule from Plymouth to Roscoff and Santander.

Instead of a daily service to Roscoff and a once a week to Santander, from the end of August,
the No. of ferries to Roscoff has been cut to three times a week.

In addition, the Armorique will be taken out of service from the end of August until 23rd March 2021.

I've just done a 'dummy booking.

Although they are quoting prices for the first two weeks in September all the sailings are showing as full, therefore they must be doing something in the background.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Down here in Kernow, we're the last to be told!
I'm putting money on BF retreating soley to Portsmouth given time.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Not much

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User

Consolidating Services, a message from our CEO
Hello from Brittany
It’s been a difficult year for our customers, our colleagues and our business.
Quarantine measures have compounded the considerable difficulty we’ve already faced this year as the global pandemic tightened its grip on Western Europe. Sadly, we must again take extraordinary measures in the short-term to assure our long-term survival.
In recent days we’ve witnessed many tens of thousands of customers moving from their sailings to avoid the impact of the various quarantines being introduced globally. We’re now witnessing a severe drop in demand through the Autumn and must react accordingly.
After considerable scrutiny of passenger numbers and consultation with our crews and partners, we now have a solution that will safeguard sailings to and from the UK, France, Spain and Ireland in the immediate future. We’ve managed to consolidate our fleet plan and still deliver enough space for all customers to travel safely and enjoyably in the coming weeks, but I accept, and regret, it will not be a perfect solution for all.
The immediate consequence of this situation is a change to schedules, beginning at the end of August. Changes to the following ships and routes are now confirmed:
  • Armorique will be rested from 31 August. She currently serves the Plymouth to Roscoff route
  • Pont-Aven will replace Armorique on Plymouth-Roscoff route from 10 September with three return trips per week
  • Pont-Aven will also continue to operate one return sailing to Santander (from Plymouth) and one return sailing from Roscoff to Cork during the week
  • Bretagne will be rested from 7 September 2020. She currently serves the Portsmouth to St Malo route
  • Economie services to Spain will be withdrawn and customers upgraded to our classic service on Cap Finistère or Pont-Aven
We’ve now begun the process of contacting everyone who will be impacted by this exceptionally difficult decision. This process will take time but if you are affected, you will be contacted by email.
You can also change your own sailing through the My Booking facility on our website.
In most cases we’ll be able to move sailings to something very close to the itinerary currently booked. We’ll write to you to confirm any changes and detail your options accordingly. I anticipate everyone affected being contacted, in date order, within two weeks. I’ll keep you posted here with likely response times as I suspect it may well take some time to get through all the changes.
We’ve pulled in as many people as possible from around the business to help make this difficult decision as easy for customers as it can reasonably be.
It isn’t possible to know now how quarantine arrangements will change in the coming weeks. The only thing I can be sure of today is the profound impact they are having on our business. We will continue to monitor that impact and strive to react to all developments swiftly and conclusively.
I’m sorry for the disappointment this message may bring and trust you can understand our situation. We have every intention of long-term survival and have a comprehensive five-year recovery plan in place to assure that. These extraordinary measures, by no means unique to our business, are a necessary step on our journey to recovery.
Thank you for your support and understanding, we’re looking forward to being of continued service to you.

Christophe Mathieu
CEO Brittany Ferries
Last updated: 19 August 2020

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Yorkshireman, with a scottish mother and living in Cornwall.
Not much chance!!!

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Hmm, last night just booked Pont-Aven from Plymouth to Roscoff on 3rd September. Fingers crossed, as this was booked in co-ordination with work at Vanbits.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back