Brittany ferries. New Schedules are out (and I don't care who knows!!!) (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi All,

For the benefit of ALL FUNSTERS!!! I am pleased to tell EVERYONE!!!! that I have received notice from Brittany Ferries that their Winter 2017 and Summer 2018 schedules are now on their website.
So fill your boots.
And here comes the Advert.

If anyone wants the use of a Club Voyage Discount code, you know who to ask.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
????
Where does it say that?
This is what I got.

I am pleased to confirm that sailings to France and Spain are now on sale, covering winter through to November 2018. Our Club Voyage members are our most loyal customers and I wanted to make sure you are the first to receive this information. I hope early notice gives you ample opportunity to select preferred sailings and cabins - especially during our peak periods.

BOOK NOW
Ferry Deposit

We are increasing the deposit on a ferry booking from £35 to £40. This is the first increase for three years. I am sure you will appreciate that this is still good value when compared with most other travel companies, who seek full payment at the time of booking. We are one of the few transport companies in Europe to offer this approach, helping you to plan and budget effectively. I know this is particularly important for those of you who like to book multiple trips in advance.

2018 Schedules

Our aim is to keep our route network and passenger capacity broadly unchanged for the body of next year's main season. That means we'll continue to offer a mix of high speed, économie and cruise ferry sailings presenting a range of options. There will, however, be a reduced service on certain ships this winter, to carry out necessary dry-docking maintenance work.

For example, those who travel regularly from Plymouth to Roscoff will find a more limited service in some periods between November and March. Armorique will move to cover Caen and Cherbourg as ships are dry-docked elsewhere. We will continue to have a wide choice of other sailings available. The high speed service from Portsmouth to Cherbourg will begin on 3rd of May 2018.

Further Ahead

Looking even further forward, plans are progressing with the newest addition to our fleet, Honfleur. Operating from Portsmouth to Caen and fuelled by LNG (liquefied natural gas) she will be the cleanest and greenest ferry on the English Channel. It goes without saying we are really excited about the forthcoming addition to the fleet, and more news regarding the ship will follow shortly. She will reinforce even further our commitment to you, our routes and the environment in which we operate when she arrives in 2019.

Thank you for your business so far this year and we look forward to welcoming you on board again in the future.

Kind regards

Mike Bevens
Group Commercial Director

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I have just made the most of my own club voyage membership , the website didn't seem particularly busy this afternoon. If I can help out with a code for another funster then let me know.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi All,

For the benefit of ALL FUNSTERS!!! I am pleased to tell EVERYONE!!!! that I have received notice from Brittany Ferries that their Winter 2017 and Summer 2018 schedules are now on their website.
So fill your boots.
And here comes the Advert.

If anyone wants the use of a Club Voyage Discount code, you know who to ask.
I know you don't care but the email was sent to club members only, providing those who pay for membership the opportunity for securing their preferred options early. Publishing the content on an open forum means that the booking centre gets more busy than it should be for people who have to book directly like myself and cannot do so online. Due to the lines being busy I did could not get through until late today and my option of cabin had already been taken. But as you say you don't care.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
@sallylillian,

I 'Don't care' that 'anyone' can read my message on an 'Open Forum' is because I have more connection, liaison and commitment towards this Members forum @£15 a year than the commercial enterprise that is Brittany Ferries to which I pay £70 per annum.

I benefit more from this Forum regardless of the sum paid than I do from the ferry operator. Should I have a problem or issue, I feel fairly confident that my concerns would be addressed fully by the members here rather than the providers of my cross Channel travel provision.

Should I have an urgent emergency whilst in Europe I know that the members of this Forum would go out of their way to assist me in any way possible. I cannot say the same for Brittany Ferries, regardless of the apparent esteem in which they regard my business with them.

For that, and for a myriad of other reasons that is why I have no concerns about posting my original message for the benefit of all.

If my OP annoys, upsets or concerns you...................

I could point out that when I originally posted on here that BF had announced that they would publish their schedules at the end of this month I was castigated by a member of BF Club Voyage for so doing.
I note that the same member was the first to append his name as being open to give his code to any member of Fun. It seems you can only please some of the people etc. etc.

I would finally add that whilst we as members were advised of the publication, it was not done so exclusively, ANY member of the public had access to BF's site. To complain that I had published on Fun the fact that the schedule was available smacks a little of a 'Dog in a Manger' attitude.

Last edited:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
@sallylillian,

I 'Don't care' that 'anyone' can read my message on an 'Open Forum' is because I have more connection, liaison and commitment towards this Members forum @£15 a year than the commercial enterprise that is Brittany Ferries to which I pay £70 per annum.

I benefit more from this Forum regardless of the sum paid than I do from the ferry operator. Should I have a problem or issue, I feel fairly confident that my concerns would be addressed fully by the members here rather than the providers of my cross Channel travel provision.

Should I have an urgent emergency whilst in Europe I know that the members of this Forum would go out of their way to assist me in any way possible. I cannot say the same for Brittany Ferries, regardless of the apparent esteem in which they regard my business with them.

For that, and for a myriad of other reasons that is why I have no concerns about posting my original message for the benefit of all.

If my OP annoys, upsets or concerns you...................

I could point out that when I originally posted on here that BF had announced that they would publish their schedules at the end of this month I was castigated by a member of BF Club Voyage for so doing.
I note that the same member was the first to append his name as being open to give his code to any member of Fun. It seems you can only please some of the people etc. etc.

I would finally add that whilst we as members were advised of the publication, it was not done so exclusively, ANY member of the public had access to BF's site. To complain that I had published on Fun the fact that the schedule was available smacks a little of a 'Dog in a Manger' attitude.
Whatever!

Ebby

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Rapido 787f
Exp
Since June 2004
Just had a look at becoming a BF Club member at £70-00 a bit expensive for me,due our circumstances we only travel to France once a year. This year we did Dover Calais never again seven and a half hours from Dover to Milton Keynes.Give me Portsmouth Cherbourg fast ferry every time.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My wife booked a crossing for next Summer this morning and the ferry was almost fully booked with no commodore cabins left.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Just had a look at becoming a BF Club member at £70-00 a bit expensive for me,due our circumstances we only travel to France once a year. This year we did Dover Calais never again seven and a half hours from Dover to Milton Keynes.Give me Portsmouth Cherbourg fast ferry every time.

It is a big expense and the first year you at best ' break even' on the cost versus saving on the membership fee plus the one off initial set up fee, especially if you only travel once .

Once you get beyond the first year you only pay the membership fee and then for us it does work out financially.

You can still benefit from getting a discount on your crossing user other funsters code :)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Booked our winter trip last night, easy, quick and simple.(y)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Know what you mean about traveling to Dover or folkeston ..only just over a 100 miles from where I live yet will take me upwards of 4 hours on a good day. So like you I now travel from Portsmouth to either le Havre or St. Malo

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We love Brittany Ferries, and the Santander and Bilbao crossings. I know some say it's cheaper to drive down through France, but we like to miss out that driving, on the way to Spain in winter.
Unfortunately, our three-legged dog is getting old, and struggles to balance on board, so it'll be the tunnel and the long drive for us, this year :(.
Thanks for sharing the info, though @emmitdb . For those wishing to book pet-friendly cabins, it's a must to get in early (y).

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I also understand that you can apply a discount code retrospectively.

Also if you use one of our club voyage discount codes this gives you a discount on your sailing but we also benefit from a credit on our club voyage account to use against our future travel :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
And when emmitdb's runs out, I have France & Spain Memberships!

Voyage heureux et sécurisé à mes amis
Viajes felices y seguros mis amigos

And when emmitdb's runs out, I have France & Spain Memberships!

Voyage heureux et sécurisé à mes amis'Viajes felices y seguros mis amigos

Mine won't run out as long as people don't go to the messenger but go to the 'freeloaders':love: who jump on the messengers post:):):)

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Just booked our return crossing for the end of March next year which is £20 cheaper than the one going out in October, so, also booked the outward crossing for Sept 30 next year which is £40 cheaper than this Oct. crossing.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Yesterday booked Plymouth-Santander return for late summer next year. Managed to get balcony cabins both ways on the Pont Aven! :D

Also able to take advantage of son's BF Club Voyage membership to make a handy saving.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back