Brittany Ferries how do Discount Codes work & storing medication on board (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
We usually go to Spain via Eurotunnel to France & drive down to Spain. However as Spain is allowing us in & France is not we are considering Brittany Ferries. I have seen previously people asking for discount codes, how does this work and does anyone have a code. We will be travelling in a car, not the Motorhome as we don’t intend to travel around.
My other problem is my OH had medication that has to be stored in the fridge, this is not a problem with Eurotunnel as we either store it in Motorhome fridge or if we go by car we have a 12v small box. Is there any way to overcome this on the long ferry. I have thought of trying to see if it is possible to purchase this from a Spanish chemist if we have the prescription but I know that not all medication available in the UK is the same in Spain. It is a weekly injection to treat diabetes, not insulin.
I am looking for helpful suggestions. I am not looking to be told I should not be going.
We will be staying by ourselves in our own accommodation. We are not near the beaches or tourist areas. The nearest village is approx 1 mile away & since the beginning of COVID has only had a couple of cases. We will however be going into the local supermarket to stock up which we have to sanatize, wear masks & disposable gloves which are provided, and discarded on exit. Much safer than our local supermarkets which are full of holiday makers from all over the UK.

Deleted User
We usually go to Spain via Eurotunnel to France & drive down to Spain. However as Spain is allowing us in & France is not we are considering Brittany Ferries. I have seen previously people asking for discount codes, how does this work and does anyone have a code. We will be travelling in a car, not the Motorhome as we don’t intend to travel around.
My other problem is my OH had medication that has to be stored in the fridge, this is not a problem with Eurotunnel as we either store it in Motorhome fridge or if we go by car we have a 12v small box. Is there any way to overcome this on the long ferry. I have thought of trying to see if it is possible to purchase this from a Spanish chemist if we have the prescription but I know that not all medication available in the UK is the same in Spain. It is a weekly injection to treat diabetes, not insulin.
I am looking for helpful suggestions. I am not looking to be told I should not be going.
We will be staying by ourselves in our own accommodation. We are not near the beaches or tourist areas. The nearest village is approx 1 mile away & since the beginning of COVID has only had a couple of cases. We will however be going into the local supermarket to stock up which we have to sanatize, wear masks & disposable gloves which are provided, and discarded on exit. Much safer than our local supermarkets which are full of holiday makers from all over the UK.

I have started a conversation with a discount code and instructions on how to use

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
I use a Frio wallet to keep my insulin pens cool when I am travelling but not in the motorhome. take a look here https://friouk.com/ All you need to do is soak the inner pouch in cold water for a couple of hours before you leave home, and you should get at least 36 hours of cooling from simple evaporation. I usually "recharge" my wallet by plunging in a sink of cold water every 24 hours or so for 10 minutes. Spent best part of 2 days in Chennai airport a few years ago, 30+ degrees and my insulin was kept cool with a single "recharge".

OP
OP
Edenside
Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
SteveJ Thank you for suggesting the Frio wallet, I didn’t know it existed and will purchase one. it’s so good to have lovely people on this forum taking their time to be helpful.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I use a Frio wallet to keep my insulin pens cool when I am travelling but not in the motorhome. take a look here https://friouk.com/ All you need to do is soak the inner pouch in cold water for a couple of hours before you leave home, and you should get at least 36 hours of cooling from simple evaporation. I usually "recharge" my wallet by plunging in a sink of cold water every 24 hours or so for 10 minutes. Spent best part of 2 days in Chennai airport a few years ago, 30+ degrees and my insulin was kept cool with a single "recharge".
Be aware that the 'thingies' inside the inner wallet of a Frio, eventually desiccate so greatly, they will no longer soak up water properly! You know it has cos you think, blimey, this feels gritty, just before you chuck it in the sink. (That was when I stopped just leaving them in the bottom of the case which lived up in the loft from one year's holiday to the next ...... )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back