Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
No!

I'm not suggesting trying to get on without paying.

However, I've just had a play between the British and french sites of BF.

Using the currency exchange of 1.4€ to the £1 there was a £20 difference in the price of a one way fare from Plymouth to Roscoff ferry for two with a 'van.

Guess which one was the pricier.???

Anyone with the right credit card ie. Hx Clarity could benefit by buying their ticket on the french site.

For Info

Deleted User
I tried that but as a member of Club Voyage UK the French site would not accept my membership number so no discount and no advantage to me. A good way to save a bob or two for others though

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Which seems the reverse of what happens on the boats themselves, where the exchange rate is at least €1.50 to the £, making it much cheaper to pay for drinks and meals in sterling. Odd.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Paid our DFDS ferry in Euro, & on the boat cheaper to pay in Euro, if you pay on the boat by card they only accept sterling.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Last year when I accepted it was time to come home I went to a wi-fi hotspot with laptop. Decided to book on P and O site paying in Euros as it worked out cheaper. Used my Caxton card so as not to use my CC on public site, Didn't quite win as Caxton charged me £1.50 for non-euro transaction as P and O took their money in Sterling.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back