Brittany Ferries ⛴ NEW Ship GALACIA Winter (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I received an email this morning from BF stating they have a change of ship.

We were due to sail in December on Pont Aven with Balcony Cabin.

The emails inform me the new ticket including meals will be on Galacia.

Just as well they emailed me, I chose the wrong return date !

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi we have just had same email for our January sailing,just hope we can still get out there.

Yes, so do I.

I chose Pont Aven as we like the Commodore Balcony cabins. We don't normally pay for one just for the two of us due to cost (BF Put the price up to £343 this summer). But in the case of being locked in the cabins like we were in March, it would be nice to have fresh air.

Just waiting for the new ticket to come through.

For those who don't already know. For the Spanish Routes on Galacia, ticketing includes 1 dinner and 1 breakfast.

Not sure how well that will go with those who prefer their own packed lunch or if the ship ends up in a gale.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I like the idea of food inclusive tickets (but don't like the lack of pool). We had a great trip down to Bilbao once. A mixup with another overlapping trip meant we had to split in half and collect the other half at Barcelona airport and it was only me and youngest child on the ship, so we splashed out on the a la Carte restaurant. It was surprisingly good food and we got a window seat and a school of porpoises was alongside the ferry, gamboling through the waves and giving a show that people would have paid for. I even won the bingo to the tune of £50, which paid the bar bill both ways!

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I like the idea of food inclusive tickets (but don't like the lack of pool). We had a great trip down to Bilbao once. A mixup with another overlapping trip meant we had to split in half and collect the other half at Barcelona airport and it was only me and youngest child on the ship, so we splashed out on the a la Carte restaurant. It was surprisingly good food and we got a window seat and a school of porpoises was alongside the ferry, gamboling through the waves and giving a show that people would have paid for. I even won the bingo to the tune of £50, which paid the bar bill both ways!
Geeesus, £50. How much does the child drink ?

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Here are the new sailing times (time from departure to arrival). Up from around 24 hours Portsmouth-Santander
CE174741-8AB6-435C-9EB5-72BF400919D4.jpeg
D6B79D54-84E0-4C20-8FAB-67546B4C36C6.jpeg

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Yesterday they cancelled our outbound (November 30)and, after a phone call, we were put on Galicia(3rd Dec)
Today we were told our return was cancelled and, once again, we were transferred to the new ship.
No loss of holiday, free meals, upgraded cabins, what is there not to like.
I tried to do a dummy booking for the return leg but no sailings are available.
No doubt they are transferring passengers first and, after that, taking new bookings.

Deleted User
Guess who owns them?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back