Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
Newport, Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Every one of us here has at least two things in common: a love of motorhomes and the ability to get online. However, you would be amazed at how many motorhome owners (of a certain age) who wouldn't know what an app is. An unbelievable 2 and sometimes 3 in 5 of the people who turn up at our tea tent at a showground and ask to join motorhomefun, use their son's or a friend's email address! "Our Kevin will deal with that for us" All these people would prefer a printed guide and probably yellow pages over google. To be honest, I love eBay, but not as much as I loved the Exchange and Mart :D

As these people die or embrace technology, I imagine Britstops, if they wish to continue will have to look at an app. But it's a massive investment, our magazine app was straightforward and cost thousands to develop. And the biggie, people don't expect to pay too much for apps. That said Progressive Web Apps are making great strides and can be cheap; and I'd be surprised if Britstops wern't looking at them, as they could control access to data for their subscribers just like we can on a forum.

I like Britstops, the team work hard to produce a very useful collection of stopovers, printed or digital I hope survives and thrives, with so many new motorhome owners we need every pitch we can get.
I couldn't agree with Jim more. I believe that there is a place for all forms of information whether it's delivered by an app on a phone, downloaded to a tablet or in book form. There's a place for them all and it's up to the individual which one they use. It's not 'one solution fits all'. I'd like to remind those who seem totally dependent on modern technology the number of times I have brought out my trusty paper OS map to direct some hapless newbie , who totally reliant on their latest free walking app on their now dead or 'without signal' phones ....are completely lost!

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Turned up in post today, now need to sort out a few trips
Well we can dream, can't we? :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
So, as a result of a Senior moment I now have TWO copies of my favourite Britstops UK stopover book (I subscribed AND I bought one - dammit)!

FREE to a good home the 2021 guide to the first person to PM me for it. I will post it OR you can pick it up at Harrogate or Peterborough.

Your time starts.....

Now!

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
So, as a result of a Senior moment I now have TWO copies of my favourite Britstops UK stopover book (I subscribed AND I bought one - dammit)!

FREE to a good home the 2021 guide to the first person to PM me for it. I will post it OR you can pick it up at Harrogate or Peterborough.

Your time starts.....

Now!
NO!!! I just bought my 1st ever :(

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004

Your time starts.....

Now!
Gone! took precisely 13 minutes

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Mine just arrived. Not opened it yet as working.

First impression. As the actress said to the bishop. Its smaller than I expected :crying1:

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Mine just arrived. Not opened it yet as working.

First impression. As the actress said to the bishop. Its smaller than I expected :crying1:
Ah, but it's how you use it and how often that counts, the bishop replied!

As it goes, there are actually more hosts in this year's book than ever, which we're dead chuffed about given the situation for the hospitality industry over the last year...

Steve 😊

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Just subscribed for the first time, so saved on postage.

I’ll give it a go, if it doesn’t work out I’ll just cancel the subscription before renewal next year. ;)

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Just subscribed for the first time, so saved on postage.

I’ll give it a go, if it doesn’t work out I’ll just cancel the subscription before renewal next year. ;)
Oh!! I rushed my 1st ever purchase & missed there was a chance to avoid postage :(
I did see that renewal payments avoided P&P 🤔

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Ah, but it's how you use it and how often that counts, the bishop replied!

As it goes, there are actually more hosts in this year's book than ever, which we're dead chuffed about given the situation for the hospitality industry over the last year...

Steve 😊
Hi Steve

I was just having a laugh. Opened it now. Looks great. Can't wait to give it a try. Its even got two on the Isle of Man :LOL:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Expensive thread 😂 ... just ordered for first time.... can’t wait to try it out.
I bought the van then was recommended the book ordered immediately best £30 I spent you wont regret it I am sure

Gixer

Free Member
Dec 16, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
2018 Chausson EB
Exp
None
Got mine - looks good so hopefully will get some use

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
fingers crossed next week Wales will be let loose so it may get its firts outing for this year maybe a competition for the the first visitor to use the book after lockdown 🏆 <Broken link removed> ??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back