PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Decided to post the daily updates on separate pages. Not sure if the info is getting out there by adding it to the original thread, so here's the link if you've missed it and want to know more :)

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/britstops-update-day-1.89967/

Poured with rain most of the night, but I actually don't mind that. There's a certain satisfaction to being warm and cosy in the m/h while it bounces off the roof. Still woke to glorious sunshine and the heavy thunder scheduled for the day hasn't materialised so double win in our books :)

Still at 233 and enjoying the hospitality and facilities. After a lazy start to our day, I move closure to the building and now on EHU (free) for the first time since we set off, so time to re-charge everything we can and also to get the coffee maker out, Di does love a Dolce-Gusto coffee in the day :)

I also took the chance to empty the black, as I spied another m/homer (also a BritStop member, but not a Funster, so I educated him on the errors of his ways) walking across the carpark with his cassette, so took the opportunity to do ours too. I thought it strange that he had 2 screwdrivers with him? I then watched him leaver off the drain cover that exposed the waste pipes and down went all the black waste. Not exactly ideal and I'm not sure if this is meant to be the way they say you can dispose of it, but I'll enquired later if I remember. The grey is also just a storm cover and quite convenient for easy disposal :)

We've just come out of the spa facilities after having a 2 hour swim, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. The place is open 0800-2000hrs and unlimited use, so well worth the £5 fee we paid at the bar on arrival. Also had a large disabled changing room, complete with shower, lockers, loo, hair drier etc. excellent.

Decided not to eat at the bar tonight. Another Funster mentioned that you don't have to spend and eat and they're right. So it's chicken salad in the van and then we'll pop in and show our faces for a cider and róse spritzer before bed :)

We'll pop into Lidl first thing for essentials then head to surprise mum. Also called my other bro (he's ex RAF, but forgiven :)) and he'll turn up for some fish and chips. He's a first response medic and also a blood express dispatch rider, so it's good that he'll not be on duty. That'll get the old girl going bless her, seeing us all on a Sunday afternoon.

We'll stay the night there and then decided to head on down to BritStop 211. Never even heard of the place before, but I'm really excited to be heading there, just to see what it's all about :)

Then the plan is to head on down to 138. Well that's the plan at the moment, but plans never survive first contact with the enemy, so in my case the dreaded cider :)

More info tomorrow :)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We are staying at Britstop 537, sitting in a field, no one around, the 'host' venue is all closed up, so a 5 min bike ride to a local pub for dinner.

BRILLIANT, THANKYOU Britstops.

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
We are staying at Britstop 537, sitting in a field, no one around, the 'host' venue is all closed up, so a 5 min bike ride to a local pub for dinner.

BRILLIANT, THANKYOU Britstops.
Just looked at 537. Sounds fab, but the good book says Open All Year, are they fibbing to us all :)

Is it's really called that name!!! Gets my vote (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
The 'venue' food was great, we had a sandwich, obviously connected to the name of the ' venue'.

I guess open all year, maybe not Xmas day and New Year's Day.

A great name, and really well sign posted once off the motorway.

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
You'll love 211, a real yacht place, a 100 yards down the road you'll get the best oysters. Oh watch your tide times, the road does get covered.

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
You're making us jealous, PP Bear! :( At 233 I recommend the full English breakfast for a fiver!

Think Hotelman might mean that 537 is closed for the evening, rather than closed all day. And yes, that's really it's name!

Steve :Smile:

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
You'll love 211, a real yacht place, a 100 yards down the road you'll get the best oysters. Oh watch your tide times, the road does get covered.
Thanks Clive, I'll defo keep my eye open for the tide!!!! :)

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
You're making us jealous, PP Bear! :( At 233 I recommend the full English breakfast for a fiver!

Think Hotelman might mean that 537 is closed for the evening, rather than closed all day. And yes, that's really it's name!

Thanks for clearing that up Steve, I wouldn't have thought it closed as such :clap:

I'm loving the adventures, as is Di, and now after what Clive has said about 211, we can hardly wait to get there to see it all :roflmto:

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
We turned up at 211 on the night the owners were on TV on that "Three in a Bed" programme - we watched it with them and the locals. If you can, it's worth trying to get something to eat at the shed on the front.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Sorry, the 'venue' closes at 5pm, so no pressure to 'eat in'

Maybe I should take SWMBO to 211, I am sure I could get her to walk or ride 100 yards !!!

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
I am only feeling brave because she's in the shower, grey water valve closed, ( just in case anyone was going to ask) and she doesn't always follow the forum.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Or 71, which is just the same as 69, but with 2 people watching.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Staying again at 537, ' the mother in law is in a local hospital' , so it's a great place to stay, we had a great lunch, and our granddaughter had great fun ' on the farm'.

Grandaughter is now asleep, so a ' take away' is our preference for supper, we have 2 bikes, mine, and SWMBO has an electric one. To get to the takeaway we have 10% hill , easy on the way as it's down hill! HOWEVER, up hill on the way back, the question is .....do I use her bike...??
Yes I am the one being dispatched for it, and yes, I will have to have a pint in the local pub while it's being cooked ....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back