Britstops Review - Number 151 (1 Viewer)

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
This is a pub quite near Reading and easy enough to get to from the M4 although you do have to brave the traffic in Sonning.

Unusually the pub is on the first floor of the building so there are steps to climb making it difficult for disabled visitors.

Warm welcome from the landlord and a nice cosy pub. We had a few drinks sitting on the balcony in the sunshine then later a reasonably priced tasty meal in the restaurant section.

Very quiet night parked up in the quite large car park. You can see the River Thames through the trees, looks to be only about 100 yards away but I couldn't see a way of getting closer.

The lane running past the front of the pub is very busy at times and there is no footpath. To walk the dog you can walk down the quieter one-way lane by the side of the pub. There are a couple of footpaths leading from this lane.

Paul

Britstop 151.JPG

OP
OP
Easyliving

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Added to my list of places to visit :D

I was chatting briefly to the landlord about the benefits to all of the Britstops scheme. He said he gets one or two motorhomes visiting every week (maybe more now :)). If others spend about the same amount as us he is getting about £5k extra in takings a year for no outlay so everyone wins.

We were not obliged to buy anything, we went to say hello and bought a drink but shortly after we were collected by local family and taken to look at their new home. On return to our van we could just have cooked our own food and not spent more money in the pub.

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I was chatting briefly to the landlord about the benefits to all of the Britstops scheme. He said he gets one or two motorhomes visiting every week (maybe more now :)). If others spend about the same amount as us he is getting about £5k extra in takings a year for no outlay so everyone wins.
It is what we love about the Britstop scheme, one isn't obliged to purchase anything, however, our selection of stops is usually based upon wanting to patronise the establishment. We only get the weekends for family time due to work commitments, so at weekends we will go out for a meal. Britstops gives us the ability to travel further afield :D

(Good choice of MH by the way (y))

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
handy to have the disabled info, thank you easyliving, not sure if it mentions that in my britstops book, it's in the van at the mo and it's peeing with rain, so shall amend accordingly later if not..
maybe a bucket with a rope to haul me up to the terrace could be handy..
sounds such a nice place too for an overnighter.. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back