Britstops help (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2019
Norfolkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano
Exp
Since 2019
We are having a week in the Moho at Clent Hills CCC site with a stopover at a pub in the Newark area on the way home booked through Britstops.
Unfortunately, like a t#@*, I left the Britstops book at home and cannot remember which pub we’ve booked at.
I wonder if a kind funster would send me a pic of the Newark page of the current Britstops book please. It will save Mrs Pops the trouble of castrating me o_O

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We are having a week in the Moho at Clent Hills CCC site with a stopover at a pub in the Newark area on the way home booked through Britstops.
Unfortunately, like a t#@*, I left the Britstops book at home and cannot remember which pub we’ve booked at.
I wonder if a kind funster would send me a pic of the Newark page of the current Britstops book please. It will save Mrs Pops the trouble of castrating me o_O
There isn't a particular page for Newark, do you have the telephone number in your phone from when you booked? If you do I can look it up for you.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I’ve got the book here in my hand if I can help.

I can only find three places in Newark.

OP
OP
Pops 1
May 23, 2019
Norfolkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano
Exp
Since 2019
Landy any chance you could message me the pub names and phone numbers then I can call them and see which one I booked?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I only see 3 really at Newark the Rose and Crown, The Fox inn and Riverside. Quite fancy that Riverside myself so thanks ::bigsmile:

and not forgetting if you booked via your mobile phone the number will probably come up when you start to enter it

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
the link I put wasnt the official britstops link

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I only see 3 really at Newark the Rose and Crown, The Fox inn and Riverside. Quite fancy that Riverside myself so thanks ::bigsmile:

and not forgetting if you booked via your mobile phone the number will probably come up when you start to enter it
These three aren’t the three I’m seeing listed as Newark in my book. But I have never used the book before. That’s a wife job 🙈🙈

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
I think My book must be out of date now (2019) no specific Newark page (I assume you are talking about near Nottingham not sure if there is another one but you never know) the only one close in my out of date book looking at the map is the Wheatsheaf inn Dry Doddington Newark (but it looks a little bit out of Newark to me)

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010

We stayed at Riverside, a couple of weeks ago. You stay in a public car park down the lane from the pub. The car park is in a pleasant location, but we went in the pub, which was completely empty, and we were almost ignored. We ordered food, and it was dire.
My advice would be to use the car park, but give the pub a miss, (not something I would do if the car park actually belonged to the pub!)
At weekends, the car park is quite busy with walkers and cyclists.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
It is absolutely amazing how often people try to post on the Britstops Review Fb group trying to get details of stops. They usually claim to have left book at home too - equivalent of “dog ate my homework?”. The posts don’t get approved on the FB group.

The OP should be out of luck anyway - you’re supposed to present your book on arrival. (I know many hosts don’t enforce this, but more seem to be this year.)

A reminder here - Britstops ask users NOT to identify stops onlune. And having spent Thursday night at a pub which was full and turned at least one mh away, I can see why.

OP
OP
Pops 1
May 23, 2019
Norfolkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano
Exp
Since 2019
Well number one son popped to my house and found the Britstops book and it appears that I had booked the Wheatsheaf Inn at Dry Doddington.
I recall that when I booked it a couple of months ago the landlord said that he wasn’t at the pub that morning but he took all the details, including the meal booking, and said if he didn’t call me later that day then I should take it as read the booking was OK. I didn’t hear back from him so assumed all was good. Mistake :cautious:
When I called him yesterday to confirm the booking he could find no record of it. So he has lost a meal sale and several drinks and we have missed a night out. Had I not forgotten my Britstops book we would have just turned up and probably been turned away.

Thanks to all who helped with the Britstops help request, especially Landy Andy who provided me with the pub details and phone numbers :hugs:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back