LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Please post them, sure as hell I can't remember a thing after what Sheila did to me.

Round two coming up to a village near you.

Reactions: GJH
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Ha! I was driving down to Inverness this morning (south) and passed a MH parked in a lay-by right next to the A9 (north). We had quite a lot of snow overnight and the road was a bit slushy and a great big articulated lorry passed the lay-by and the MH was battered with slushy spray as the traffic noisily rushed past.

I thought, now if the owner of that MH had subscribed to a copy of Britstops, they could have been parked up in peace and quiet nice and snug in the car park of the Tarbat Discovery Centre at Portmahomack!

No doubt they were inside the MH drying out old tea bags to save a bit more cash. :)

Keith Hart

My copy has just arrived and having seen an earlier reference of yours to this location, looked it up for future reference, it then flagged up what looks to be a recurring situation

You appear to offer no fresh water or dump options, along with a lot of the possibilities I looked at in the book, we are not likely to be affected as we travel full of water and have a black tank for toilet, but after a few days of Brit Stops most fresh water tanks would be low or empty and toilet cassettes must be full

I think it is a great idea, but a lack of a basic facility seems a shame

That said we will be at yours sometime later this year (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
I want to come to the UK!!! but I'm scared I won't be able to STOP any where:eek:!!?? I might apply to an Illegal Immigrant Holding Center! are there any in this Brit-Stop directory??. and do they have Vets for my two dogs?:cautious:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
My copy has just arrived

So has mine.

Hell of a lot of work gone into it. Just a bit awkward due to it's thickness and narrow pages, would ring-bound be more expensive ? But otherwise it's a case of making the most of it.

foleym

Free Member
Mar 9, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Where can I buy BritStops, sounds like a good bible to keep handy for an ad hoc break away from the rat race.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Where can I buy BritStops, sounds like a good bible to keep handy for an ad hoc break away from the rat race.
Just google them and it comes up... Oh wait here you are, don't say I never do anything for you. :wink:
http://www.britstops.com

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I want to come to the UK!!! but I'm scared I won't be able to STOP any where:eek:!!?? I might apply to an Illegal Immigrant Holding Center! are there any in this Brit-Stop directory??. and do they have Vets for my two dogs?:cautious:

Just make out you are a romany from France -dont speak any english and you can park anywhere without any issues(y):ROFLMAO:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
You appear to offer no fresh water or dump options, along with a lot of the possibilities I looked at in the book, we are not likely to be affected as we travel full of water and have a black tank for toilet, but after a few days of Brit Stops most fresh water tanks would be low or empty and toilet cassettes must be full

The people offering places to stop are offering just that - places to stop. They are not campsites and are not providing campsite services...... Britstops are great for when you are en-route and need a stop for a night (they are mostly offering single night stops) and it is usually possible to get water somewhere (even buy it at a supermarket in a dire emergency) and empty the cassette in a public loo (leaving the the facilities at least as clean as you found them) ...... and if worst comes to worst then there is always a camp site with all the facilities :)

Britstops are not instead of campsite or wilding or the CL /CS network but another alternative.

If you want to say where you stopped please can you just put in the Britstop number? It stops people demanding a stop over when they are not members which is embarrassing for the hosts. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back