beltsandbraces

Free Member
Feb 14, 2017
worthing
Funster No
MH
lunar 780
Exp
we go away at least every other weekend and wondered if this was worth joining, we live on the south coast (Worthing) so is there much around our area as we don't want to travel loads of miles just for a weekend away.

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
well the book arrived this morning and looks like a lot in our area (exciting times)
We are only up the road from you in Ferring and will be using our Britstop book in 3 weeks for the first time, will keep you posted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Any ideas roughly what sort of percentage of Britstops we would be welcome at with a 8.5m tri-axle motorhome?

I am sure that not everyone would have space or want us to take up two spaces in the carpark.
Well if you're considering getting awning out, bbq and guests around and drinking supermarket beer, probably 0% but that's just a guess.

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I would not need to do any of that if there is a PUB involved :D
download (2).jpg

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
well the book arrived this morning and looks like a lot in our area (exciting times)
For your first outing may I suggest 136. Lovely pub with good staff and a nice selection of Ales. Food is pub grub, but good enough. Large Gardens for your "Small pub meet" with @Rockcrawler and very quite at night. Park in the far car park and close to the field if there is space.(y) I have never found the waste and fresh points, but there again never asked either. :rolleyes: Also a good stop over for the Tunnel.;)

Upvote 0

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Well if you're considering getting awning out, bbq and guests around and drinking supermarket beer, probably 0% but that's just a guess.

I never suggested that was what I wanted to do.

What I said was:

We haven't joined Britstops because we didnt think they would be the kind of places where we could get the sun loungers out and just relax. Not a criticism, I fully get what Britstops are offering so we may well join in 2018. (y)

I then went on to say in light of the comment made by Zigisla:

Perhaps there is an extra 'benefit' that Britstops could offer by highlighting which stops are happy for bbq's and loungers. :)

What I didn't say was:
I will join Britstops because I want to get the awning out, fire up the bbq and invite guests around so we can drink supermarket beer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
We joined Britstop, haven't used it yet but hoping to next week when we have a wander....NicNic gave a good description....when we want to sit out we go for a campsite not a Britstop...but for having a wander round the immediate area Britstops is a good idea.

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
We were out Britstopping this weekend! Don't have the guide to hand right now, but if memory serves we stayed at 057 ish, it is around that number (If you open the book around that number, you'll find it), and convenient for Cheddar Gorge. Lovely little pub with a secluded car park.
Our daughter wanted to go to Wookey Hole, so we did that during the day, arrived late afternoon at the pub, and had a few beers, and later we took our table that we booked and had a superb pub meal, incidentally the cost of our meal in the pub was almost the same as a few sandwiches, and some soft drinks in the cafe at Wookey! :mad:
Frankly we wouldn't be without our Britstop guide, we have explored many places we wouldn't have seen otherwise!

Reactions: Pia
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back