scbunurse

Free Member
Jan 17, 2018
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Test driving tomorrow !!!
Exp
I was just wondering if any kind person is going to the NEC at the beginning and would be able to pick up a copy of the Britstop book and post it to me. I'd be happy to transfer the cost +postage ahead of time if that would help.
We are picking up our MH on 3rd March and going straight off in it for a week. We'd like to try a mix of different 'sites' but the book, although available at the show isn't going to be available via the website until the following week which might mean it wouldn't arrive in time - certainly not in time to plan...

If anyone could help I'd be really grateful.:smiley:

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
We are going on the last Saturday 24th I think
If your not sorted we would gladly help

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scbunurse

scbunurse

Free Member
Jan 17, 2018
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thank you Paul and Kate. If no-one is going any earlier I'll get back to you. Liz

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Your old one will be pretty much the same and in our experience no one asks to see it.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Your old one will be pretty much the same and in our experience no one asks to see it.
Agree with Chaser.

We have used Pub Stops several times, some in the book and some not.

If a Pub looks nice in the evening and has a suitable car-park, we go in, say we would like to eat and drink there, and ask if they have any objection to our parking overnight.

We have only once been refused and found another Pub within ten minutes.

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Hi @scbunurse,

If you place an order on the 26th when we "go live", your book will be sent on the 27th or 28th. It's sent first class, so although there are no guarantees, it should be with you by the 3rd (and quite possibly before).

If you'd like a reminder by email as soon as we're open to take orders, just let me know.

Hope that helps.

Steve :)

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Oh, just thought it might be an idea to mention that the new book has over 200 new hosts, with around 80 that have ceased trading since last year, so a fair turnaround. Not to mention the well over 500 various amendments to existing entries to make sure everything's up to date (e.g. new phone numbers, days closed, facilities offered, contact names, etc.)

Steve :)

OP
OP
scbunurse

scbunurse

Free Member
Jan 17, 2018
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thank you everyone. This is our first MH so don't have an old copy of Britstops. I've signed up to be reminded to order but was just hoping to get it a little earlier. I won tickets to NEC but due to high sickness levels at work I'm having to do extra shifts so gave them away. Just want to be able to plan the trip as it's our first time. I think we'll have enough to think about getting to grips with the van without worrying about suitable places to stay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back