British Tourist killed in Morocco (1 Viewer)

Sep 2, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
This was early 80’s.
Bitten by a dog in India while on holiday. Attended local hospital, stitched wound and told to go to hospital on return to uk three days later, which she did.
Wound was cleaned by a senior nurse that had spent many years in India herself, and advised to come back a week later for stitches to come out.
Blood tested for bacteria, not virus.
Her fate as they say was sealed.
Big press coverage at the time
Interesting, your comment about stitching the dog bite. When I was being treated for my bites they left the wounds open and and I asked why aren’t you putting some stitches in and they said they like to leave the wound open to avoid sealing in any infection and it is easier to keep clean and also keep an eye on. Sort of made sense to me.

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Interesting, your comment about stitching the dog bite. When I was being treated for my bites they left the wounds open and and I asked why aren’t you putting some stitches in and they said they like to leave the wound open to avoid sealing in any infection and it is easier to keep clean and also keep an eye on. Sort of made sense to me.

That makes sense to me as well.
But doctor said stitches, so nurse put stitches in, even though she had spent a lot of time nursing in India and was aware of rabies( as came out at the inquest).
The failure re the blood test checking bacterial instead of viral was another biggy

The GP was censured at a disciplinary hearing by the GMC..

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We always carry , " Johnson n Johnson " Isopropyl Alcohol 70% solution in the mh to put on cuts , stings and bites .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The fact that the cat intentionally scratched the camper then the camper dying from her injuries would suggest a little more than the tourist just dying of natural causes. If a Lyon jumped on you and you died from your injuries what would you call that....misadventure.
Did you read your own link.?

It says the MAN was BITTEN by a cat, was treated in Morocco then again in the UK.
ITt also states he was staying with relatives.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Maybe it was an Allergic reaction. ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun