British Gas Homecare Brownie Points (1 Viewer)

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Catching up on 3 weeks of washing, I dragged my 'clean' washing basket out of the airing cupboard earlier, to find out that my combi boiler had been steadily dripping water in to it while I've been away.

Not an urgent leak, but needs sorting, so I rang Homecare at 1130 with my diary in hand, expecting having to delay getting away next week, when the young lady asked if I'm around this afternoon ! She also reminded me that my annual service was due while I was away, so they're sorting that this afternoon too (y)

OP
OP
Kingham

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Arrived at 1400 and is just about finished and ready to sort my paperwork (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
I must admit having just used them in earnest for the first time in many years I concur their service is excellent, considerable trouble taken in diagnosis parts ordered and fitted next morning.

Deleted User
It took 5 visits to fix a leak on friends boiler. I eventually took off the boiler cover and using tissue paper was able to detect where the leak was. On the 5th visit I pointed out to them where the leak was.
A short while afterwards my fried tried to top up the boiler but the tap to enable the top up had been put in such a position that it was impossible to turn it because it was tight up against another pipe.
I have other examples off totally useless service from them.
The quality of the service depends upon the engineer you get, some are good and some are not

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
When I lived a normal life,, house, indoor plumbing etc I used them a good few times on a dodgy boiler I had, always going wrong it was!! They came every time, I thought there service was brilliant!! For me anyway!!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
all of these schemes are insurance they have the figures as to how often they will get called out and price to show a clear profit at the end of the year for the end user its like a savings plan with no interest paid unless the boiler goes wrong

Apr 1, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo
Exp
Catching up on 3 weeks of washing, I dragged my 'clean' washing basket out of the airing cupboard earlier, to find out that my combi boiler had been steadily dripping water in to it while I've been away.

Not an urgent leak, but needs sorting, so I rang Homecare at 1130 with my diary in hand, expecting having to delay getting away next week, when the young lady asked if I'm around this afternoon ! She also reminded me that my annual service was due while I was away, so they're sorting that this afternoon too (y)

Nice to hear some positive feedback I work for British gas(Started off as an engineer) and people are only to quick to complain when we get it wrong but also get right sometimes :roflmto:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Latest advert shows £12 pm and a £60 excess.
Could be quite a few claim free years adding up to a poor saving.
I'll fix it myself thanks

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Nice to hear some positive feedback I work for British gas(Started off as an engineer) and people are only to quick to complain when we get it wrong but also get right sometimes :roflmto:
Your smart meters are brilliant !!
Seriously, since having one fitted we now turn our boiler off if we don't need showers or heating or away in van and guess what, £143 off bill compared to this time last year when we left boiler running in and out all day, £143!!! Get a smart meter fitted you will be amazed what savings you can make

Apr 1, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo
Exp
Seriously, since having one fitted we now turn our boiler off if we don't need showers or heating or away in van and guess what, £143 off bill compared to this time last year when we left boiler running in and out all day, £143!!! Get a smart meter fitted you will be amazed what savings you can make

Yeah got them find myself keep looking at the monitor to make sure I'm in the green, what I do love is HIVE didn't get it to start with didn't see the point but now wouldn't be without it especially while we're away can leave the heating off and have it so it's nice and warm for when we're back keeping the costs down, Can also turn the temp back down when the other half keeps turning it up without them knowing :cold:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have a switch and use it. I also cut and split my own logs so try not to use gas.

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
all of these schemes are insurance they have the figures as to how often they will get called out and price to show a clear profit at the end of the year for the end user its like a savings plan with no interest paid unless the boiler goes wrong
We have had excellent service from them , brilliant engineers and worth every penny. In fact I am pretty sure we have cost them more than we paid.....we took out the full package and have used them a good number of times. Without them , we would have had to call out local guys and who knows what service they would give.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back