BriteAngle LED Road Safety Warning Triangle (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Not tried the BriteAngle Triangle https://briteangle.com/ but have seen some good reviews about it on Facebook groups, it looks compact & well designed & has won some awards plus made in Wales(y) It's not cheap but can see how effective it would be especially stuck on the back of the motorhome in addition to the cheaper fold up triangles that we carry. Using their website code ONLINE2020 it's £34.90 for one or £64.85 for two so not a cheap option but might be of interest to some as an extra safety measure as it can be seen up to 300m away.

1585679370865.png
1585679482320.png

1585679414438.png

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Good idea but ludicrously expensive. If it was made in China it would be a tenner for two.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Ah so ve can do two 4 fifteen squids. So solly for poor Engith I came from Yong Cong

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Have asked the manufacturers for a Fun discount code for these - will update here if we get one :smiley:
Just heard back - they now have a new discount code STAYBRITE which brings the price of one Triangle down to £29.94 delivered or £54.93 for two delivered (y)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Had our BriteAngle delivered & one is now stowed safely in the car & will find an easily accessible place for one in the motorhome too as having tried it would always now want to carry one in each vehicle (y) :smiley:

It works well - the lights are bright enough to hurt eyes up close & when flashing can see how this could help prevent an accident if broken down. Put up against our current fold out emergency triangles the BriteAngle would clearly be much more effective.
The suction pad & bracket secured well to our fridge (motorhome still hibernating :sleep: ) with the triangle hung on it so would think that would also be the case on the back of motorhomes.
Assembly is quick using the case as the stand.
The Velcro strip on the back of the case is good at making it secure & gives options of additional places to store rather than just in the boot.
It's reassuring that if the AA batteries did fail that the triangle is still reflective so would work as a standard one. Presumably the battery compartment is watertight but no rubber seal & we weren't going to risk testing it!
Maybe a push in watertight cover for the moulded area (so extra batteries could be stored?) on the case would make it neater & give it another function - as the photos show batteries fit well but don't lock in. However this moulding is a handy place to grip the case so that's probably a preferable function to spare battery storage anyway!

Just our thoughts but would be good to know what others think if you have one too.

1586713382101.png

1586713352409.png

Last edited:

Deleted User
I have seen people drive away and forget them, that's a lot of money to leave behind.

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Normal red triangle and a red flashing torch or beacon does the trick and cheaper.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
*****************************************************************************************************************
Discount code SANTA2020 takes £10 off the BriteAngle & code ELF2020 takes £10 off the MotoBrite - if you want both of these there is a bundle offer coming soon. We have also cheekily asked for an even better discount for Funsters so will post once we hear back! Will add a separate thread for MotoBrite as looks like an excellent safety product for those with motorbikes.

*****************************************************************************************************************

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Quick & helpful reply received but no Fun specific code possible at present as the codes above & below are the best discounts on offer for this British designed & manufactured safety product.
The bundle is out now offering a slightly bigger saving if buying both types https://www.briteangle.com/selectpr...wyj5QD0VE1BhComAHNscL-5Xf2bLNI94mxITH2k4G0X7M . This is a BriteAngle for car/motorhome & MotoBrite for motorbike - normally £82.85 delivered for both but £60.85 delivered with code STAR2020 so £22 discount (y)
Just MotoBrite is £34.90 delivered with code ELF2020 so £10 discount.
Just BriteAngle is £32.90 delivered for 1 so £10 discount or better value for 2 as p&p stays the same £60.85 with code SANTA2020

Found that once you are in the shopping cart have to retype main website link https://briteangle.com/ to get back to it to see the other products - not difficult but hopefully they will add a continue shopping option too at some point to make the website a little easier to use. Mind you - I might be missing something so please post if you do find where to click!

1606146062626.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Latest working code is RSPCA which takes £10 off each BriteAngle & £1 is donated by them to RSPCA Gwent branch (y)
This is now also FirstCar Magazine Product Of the Year 2021 so we aren't the only ones who like it!

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
In this country most drivers would look at it, think that's pretty, but its not Christmas, and drive past wondering why it was there. :imoutahere:
...or nick it.

Marmite

Free Member
Jun 14, 2020
SW Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T 6757
Exp
Still carry triangles in MH and car, but last 2 times I have used them (motorways in France and England) was advised not to use them by the police!. Last on on M4 (front tyre NS blowout at speed) I was told that they are more of a hazard to other road users. .. often fall over and get left behind. Based on this I wont be investing, but I do gave a super bright LED emergency beacon which can be attached to th back of the MH which works a treat.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Anything to attract attention at the roadside must be a good thing. I often see people struggling with a wheel change without thinking about a basic thing like a reflective jacket or were they are positioned on the road.
Knowing my luck I would forget about the batteries until I came to use it. I forgot about batteries in so meany torches I now leave the one in the Rienza plugged in all the time.

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
Still carry triangles in MH and car, but last 2 times I have used them (motorways in France and England) was advised not to use them by the police!. Last on on M4 (front tyre NS blowout at speed) I was told that they are more of a hazard to other road users. .. often fall over and get left behind. Based on this I wont be investing, but I do gave a super bright LED emergency beacon which can be attached to th back of the MH which works a treat.

I like the idea of this

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back