Brit Stops (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I've often thought that marinas would be ideally suited to allowing motorhomes to overnight - they have all the facilities we need plus usually cafes/restaurants and sometimes shops.

Here is one example that I think would work:
www.bartonmarina.co.uk

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
I've often thought that marinas would be ideally suited to allowing motorhomes to overnight - they have all the facilities we need plus usually cafes/restaurants and sometimes shops.

www.bartonmarina.co.uk

Unlikely to be a free stop - the overnight charge for a boat is £9.50. (Although that is quite reasonable IMO.)

Dave

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

www.bartonmarina.co.uk
Why not e-mail them and suggest it? Like any private company they would have to obtain a caravan site licence or 5 van exemption unless they restricted their activity to the one van/28 days rules but that probably wouldn't be a problem as they already have people overnighting in boats.

Shardlow Marina in Derbyshire has a caravan park and a rally field alongside so there is a precedent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Where do we get this book? im sure it says somewhere but I heard someone say there was one near malvern so I would like to know more about it.thks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back