Rally Chat Bristol Balloon Fiesta FUNSTER Update. (1 Viewer)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
It's brilliant here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 23

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We have been trying to put video on NO GO Jim have you changed the way they go on ? It's just not working :(

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well we all (Mr & Mrs @Tootles, @Debs & Les, Cliff & Ger, @movan Joy, @Taran_Las, Phil, andMrs Popeye) went down from the Rugby club last night and it really was quite a spectacle, spoiled a little by an increase in wind which dropped the apparent temperature dramatically due to wind chill after 20.00 but the fire works a couple of hours later was just as good as Friday night.

We entertained in Popeye's rig much of yesterday afternoon and evening with Cliff & Ger and Tarran las with Joy popping in, the evening saddened a little at the thought of @Mousey not being here with us, you'd have loved it Dawn. Your health was toasted (several times)........ all the best girl. Griff

could I just remind you of my last visit to Hospital...
...............Broken Link Removed

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I believe some weeks or even months ago Howie @Wyaye wires wrote about no longer having to shower with the Hoy Palloy of the Motor Homing network since purchasing his magnificent new Motor Home.

Given the general nature of the communal showers at the Rugby Club, the Hoy Palloy
@Popeye, @Silkcut1105 , @Tootles , @Taran_Las , @ROB1CHELSEA1 , @Trikeman , decided they would prefer to shower like Howie does and formed a fairly orderly queue.

Broken Link Removed

As time passed some banging on the doors occurred which is when Howie appeared in the doorway demonstrating the true scot that he is and requesting a crisp £10 note from each of the would be clean funsters.

Broken Link Removed

This is FUN

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Now that brings a smile to you face first thing in the morning. Make a cracking calendar photo.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Well if I'd have known I'd be seeing such fine figures of men I'd have made more of an effort to come!

That pic had me laugh out loud thanks for that and all the good wishies.

It's a defo for us next year.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
I believe some weeks or even months ago Howie @Wyaye wires wrote about no longer having to shower with the Hoy Palloy of the Motor Homing network since purchasing his magnificent new Motor Home.

Given the general nature of the communal showers at the Rugby Club, the Hoy Palloy
@Popeye, @Silkcut1105 , @Tootles , @Taran_Las , @ROB1CHELSEA1 , @Trikeman , decided they would prefer to shower like Howie does and formed a fairly orderly queue.

Broken Link Removed

As time passed some banging on the doors occurred which is when Howie appeared in the doorway demonstrating the true scot that he is and requesting a crisp £10 note from each of the would be clean funsters.

Broken Link Removed

This is FUN

Can't the Government do something about these bloody immigrants???

Margaritaman

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile C Class
Exp
since 2008
On Saturday morning at Parsonage Farm this balloon's pilot thought the CMSA Rally Sign meant him!

Thanks Kath @Ambilkate for talking me through how to insert this photo. You're a good teacher!

Kath @Ambilkate we're looking forward to have more time to chat and sign British Sign Language next time we meet !

Chris and Linda

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 49

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
We had a great time this weekend .
and enjoyed our evening with ambilkate.
Tonka .and freespirit .thank you see you at Malvern. Jan & mike.

Thanks guys - good to spend the evening with an ageing beach boy and his lovely wife too - don't forget to wear that shirt and pink shorts again at Malvern so we can recognise you!

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
We took the decision to drive down into general camping (parsonage farm) on Friday and take pot luck. What a brilliant weekend, thoroughly recommend it. Stayed Friday and Saturday night for £20. Balloons on Saturday morning were spectacular just hanging there and the firework display at night was stunning. Here's a few of the pictures I took.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

panner

Free Member
Jul 10, 2012
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Auto trail Comanche
Exp
3years
Bit late but would just like to thank trikman far a great weekend at the balloon festival as a first time funster meet my wife and I really enjoyed it and met some really nice people.
Thanks again,
Panner.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
I was listening on the 446Mhz license free radio frequencies, which some of the balloons were using to talk with their recovery team, some were landing at Pucklechurch which is to the east of Bristol. That was on Sunday. :LOL:

On another occasion one was landing and gave his location as next to a pub, when asked why he was landing there he replied he was going for a pint :rolleyes:.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Looks as if it was a fabulous festival. Might just have to make the journey south next year.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
I see the date shown for next year Broken Link Removed
shows as the 11th to 14th August which is the same as that given for next years Malvern Motorhome show in the guide they gave us on arrival. That will stop a few of us going between events. :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back