Bristol Balloon Festival 2019 (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Does anybody know who has the best camping access the the festival site, we are members of MCC, Caravan and MH club and the CCC so we should have a choice I guess.

Martin

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Parsonage farm mmc in field behind general camping which farmer runs
Entrance to festival opposite camp sites
Walking distance hope this helps .

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
CMC, been now 3 years, going again this year. In the school, walking distance across the car park field and your there. Unsure about the others in relation to access. Whether this could be a decider, it’s on school field so short grass, there is a section on the flat, which is closer to the activities and a gentle slope on the field closer to the school. In the 3 years of being there, the balloons at the 6am flight have always come over the cmc site. Avon group run it. We got lost the first year finding it and the CCC was a reasonable distance, across roads. I don’t know about the other options. I have email and telephone if you need it, just PM me. £38 for thurs-sun

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks everybody so far, it looks like MCC and C&MH Club are pretty close to each other from the maps I have seen so possibly either will be OK, the MCC web site says no need to book.

Martin

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
We stayed at Baltic wharf a couple of years back and just stepped out the van to see the balloons with the Cottage Inn open serving coffee and sausage/ bacon sandwiches . Great atmosphere and we brought our own coffee. Mind you, all depends on the weather.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Been twice and stayed just on the farmers field at parsonage farm, it is just general camping so no real structure to how people park. The mcc areaa is same place just down the hill in another field. Great location and a few quid cheaper BUT watch out of it rains due to it getting water logged down there and getting back up the hill.
You won't get much closer for viewing ( subject to wind direction ) .. (y)
Done 2015 and last year but think I have seen it all now, last year was disappointing with stalls and the funfair..

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
If you go with CAMC, take a torch with you for evening events.
Access is through a hole in a hedge, which can be hard to find on your way back on your own in the dark. It's a long hedge!
Should be plenty of space.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
The Rugby club means a walk ..short one .. along road and up field but we had lovely time there a couple of years ago ...

Preferred it to the closer field across the road from the main entrance .. but that may be because of the lovely Funster organisers and attendees .. sadly one now deceased. :(

@Trikeman

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back