England
Funster No
MH
Home Brew
Exp
Yes
Hello everyone,

Sorry if I ramble on a bit here...

As the title of this thread it was a case of Brighton or Bust for me this week.

Sadly, it was Bust - in the shape of seized front brake caliper on our campervan.

The odd Funsters here may remember I had planned to spend a quiet week at the Caravan Club site in Brighton.

For normal Funsters my plan was to see Dawn fly off from Gatwick airport, then enjoy a quiet week in Brighton in the campervan rather than returning home.

Sunday morning we left Lymington at 04:00 hrs for a steady drive to Gatwick. Dawn prefers to arrive at the airport about the same time as the pilot gets up for work.

24 miles down the road we had to turn around and return home with a wounded campervan and took the car instead.

Dawn arrived 30 minutes before check-in opened and I drove home, phoned The Caravan Club to explain and cancel my stay.

I know it’s just one of those things and accept it as such.

The garage couldn’t look at it until today and the bill for new caliper and brake pads etc., is £326.96

So, Dawn is having a nice week visiting the grandchildren and I’ve
had a quiet week in the garden.

Alls well that ends well...

...and Dawn’s “travel with time to spare principle” is shown to work...

...once in 43 years!

Regards to all,

Colin

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>>> Brighton or Bust

Hard to beat a nice bust, anywhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Simon Richardson

Free Member
Aug 24, 2017
East bound & down.
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer 150 I
Exp
Full timing since Dec 2017
We were at Brighton Club Site about 3 weeks ago - one evening a Chinnook flew over the site and landed on the field next to the site. The Pilot left it running with the rotas spinning, a Soldier got out of the back ramp, had a wonder around the Chinnook then got back on the ramp and the Pilot took off without closing the ramp - the Soldier stood on it giving a thumbs up to all watching.

Not sure if there was any purpose to this or just a good pose!

It happens regularly apparently - there's a YouTube vid of a similar event there.

Pretty Cool.

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
We were at Brighton Club Site about 3 weeks ago - one evening a Chinnook flew over the site and landed on the field next to the site. The Pilot left it running with the rotas spinning, a Soldier got out of the back ramp, had a wonder around the Chinnook then got back on the ramp and the Pilot took off without closing the ramp - the Soldier stood on it giving a thumbs up to all watching.

Not sure if there was any purpose to this or just a good pose!

It happens regularly apparently - there's a YouTube vid of a similar event there.

Pretty Cool.
Same thing happened a few weeks ago, when we were there. Thought it was a one off. No mistaking the thumping sound of a Chinook.

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I’ve been told they use the field as part of their training exercise for the chinook. I’ve seen this too , fantastic to see.
Also the medical helicopter lands there on a very regular basis. ,

OP
OP
ColinandDawn

ColinandDawn

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
England
Funster No
MH
Home Brew
Exp
Yes
Hello everyone,

Just to complete this story...

After a very quiet week of mostly sitting in my garden chasing the shade...

Sunday at 15:00 I left Lymington for Gatwick airport to collect Dawn. Unlike Dawn, I like to arrive at the airport about the time the plane lands.

I decided to take the campervan to give it a good test-run after the garage repairs and found it happened to have almost a full tank of petrol.

All went to plan and confidence in our campervan is now fully restored.

I do love a happy ending.

Regards to all,

Colin

Simon Richardson

Free Member
Aug 24, 2017
East bound & down.
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer 150 I
Exp
Full timing since Dec 2017
You you took a gamble on it being OK then if you only left time to be there when She landed!

Glad it's all sorted. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back