Brian James MicroMax Smart Car Trailer (1 Viewer)

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
I've listed our almost unused Brian James Micromax single axle trailer for sale in the classifieds - its got every optional extra from the factory and cost over £2000.
Pics of the trailer with our Smart on board behind our Adria Vision are in the members album on the forum - I haven't got a new one to put on as its covered up under a tarpaulin.

Please PM for details.

Laurie

OP
OP
camcondor

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Thanks John, I'm keen to find it a good home soon, not much point it standing about never used!!!

Laurie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Such a shme Laurie, I have seen the trailer and can vouch for its Kit and condition:thumb:
But why no prices in the adds
There are 7 or 8 adds in a row,without an asking price or guide figure I for one wont even make the call if there is no such info
many people have differing values and as mine is often less than the sellers I feel I might upset or insult them with any offer, when i see a figure being asked I am better able to weigh up if its of interest
I feel items would sell far far quicker if a price is given
Just my Honest opinion for what its worth:Blush:
Geo

OP
OP
camcondor

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
I'm gutted about it, Geo, but Jen and I are not strong enough to manage the trailer safely on our 60-degree driveway and short of moving house, I can't think what else we could do. I tried a Mr. Shifta, but the driveway is too steep for it!!
On a campsite and any relatively level ground, its a doddle to handle and really well balanced, but one of us has severe arthritis and the other one is no longer a Power Ranger-ess :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:so its a complete nightmare on such a steep, narrow incline. Kept it as we wanted to travel to Europe, but will never go to Spain in the MH, so may try the A frame in France if feeling brave!! I paid over £2000 for it as its not a factory bog standard trailer, so offers around £1400 I would think. May even consider a part-ex of a car as my daily commuter car, an elderly Hyundai Sonata, is being troublesome ::bigsmile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Has it got a jockey wheel? if so how about a small caravan motor mover?

OP
OP
camcondor

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Tried that, John - bought a Mr Shifta for it, but the driveway incline is too steep for even the best power mover!! Mr. Shifta was very easily sold as tuggers seem to love 'em!!!

Laurie

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I could have sworn i replied to the PM about this, but it's showing as unreplied to in my inbox :Doh:

i am after a trailer for my smart, but untill i sell my motorbike and it's trailer(it's in the classifieds too), i can do nothing, as i hardly have £100 to my name, and that's got to last another week and a half.

Had someone who said they wanted it the other day, that's when i posted the wanted ad, then he goes and pulls out of the sale.
maybe if i can sell the bike at stratford i can be in a position to buy a smart trailer soon.

OP
OP
camcondor

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hi Gazznsam, not had a PM from you yet but no matter:Smile: Hope you get sorted with the bike and the trailer is around for you. Its a lovely bit of kit, fully loaded with all the options - never seen another one with all the extras, probably because it pushes the price up to over £2K if you have them!! Let me know. There are pics in the members album with the Smart loaded up on it.

Laurie:winky:

peony

Free Member
Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
micr max car trailer

Hi Camcondor
just joined motorhome fun so haven't found my way around the site yet. we're urgently looking for a car trailer for a suzuki Alto.It's overall legth is 3.5 metres long and weight is 805 - 830kgs. Is yours still for sale & would it be suitable for us. Many thanks

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Errrr.. the trailer was up for sale some 2 and a half years ago !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Was it ? Now I am baffled ( agian !! )

The original post by Camcondor posted on the 31st of May says:

Brian James MicroMax Smart Car Trailer
I've listed our almost unused Brian James Micromax single axle trailer for sale in the classifieds -

Then today Peony asks:

Hi Camcondor
just joined motorhome fun so haven't found my way around the site yet. we're urgently looking for a car trailer for a suzuki Alto.It's overall legth is 3.5 metres long and weight is 805 - 830kgs. Is yours still for sale & would it be suitable for us. Many thanks

So where is the wanted bit and why canna I see anything previous to the 31st ? Is there another thread and I am being a total plonker ! ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Was it ? Now I am baffled ( agian !! )

The original post by Camcondor posted on the 31st of May says:

Then today Peony asks:

So where is the wanted bit and why canna I see anything previous to the 31st ? Is there another thread and I am being a total plonker ! ?
not as baffled as me John.....

I saw (what I thought was) John's (RR) reply to peony's post and thought it was a current thread.

only thing I can think is I'm on my fifth double bourbon and coke :winky::roflmto:

but not as confused as Camconder will be when she opens her PM box to find the message i just sent her :Doh:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I'm gutted about it, Geo, but Jen and I are not strong enough to manage the trailer safely on our 60-degree driveway and short of moving house, I can't think what else we could do. I tried a Mr. Shifta, but the driveway is too steep for it!!
On a campsite and any relatively level ground, its a doddle to handle and really well balanced, but one of us has severe arthritis and the other one is no longer a Power Ranger-ess :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:so its a complete nightmare on such a steep, narrow incline. Kept it as we wanted to travel to Europe, but will never go to Spain in the MH, so may try the A frame in France if feeling brave!! I paid over £2000 for it as its not a factory bog standard trailer, so offers around £1400 I would think. May even consider a part-ex of a car as my daily commuter car, an elderly Hyundai Sonata, is being troublesome ::bigsmile:

just trying to helpfull is it possible to have a tow ball fitted to the front of the truck or smart

so it can be pushed up by the truck or smart obviously not so easy if there is a bend in the drive

LyndonRV

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
can you get a smart for4 brabus on the trailer ::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
You still got that thing then Lyndon ? Bought time you bought a PROPER Smart car aint it ? :winky:

OP
OP
camcondor

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hi all, got this odd message from Pappajohn in my PM box ......then came for a look. Nothing like digging up old posts for a bit of confusion :roflmto:

Trailer found a good home - our driveway was impossible to manage it. Still have the Smart and the Adria, though, not much use in recent years but hoping for a change soon!!!! :Smile::Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back