breatherlaser (1 Viewer)

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
There was only one company licensed to manufacture them. The week before the law was passed the company was heading for liquidation with around 20 employees, one week later same company was solvent and employing over 100 workers. One of the directors was the chairman of the road safety committee who recommended the use of the breathalysers. (y)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
if the Gendarmes actually asked you to use it,

In fact , they must not ask you to use yours! The one you WERE supposed to have aboard at all times must stay with you. The Gendarmes will only use theirs, which of course is more sophisticated, and can be used more than once.;)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
When I started driving coaches at 21, I made a rule that I would not drive if I had had any alcohol in the preceding 24 hours. At 73 I stick by the same rule even though I no longer rely on my licence for my livelihood. Now my home is on wheels, so want to, need to, be fit to drive it at any time.

I was caught out when I was about 18 and at a stag party where I was drinking orange juice as I was driving the others home. Both the groom and I left the venue apparently sober but at a later point, I found that I had been drinking the oranges laced with double vodka (I thought the orange was a bit bitter) destined for the groom. I drove them all home safely and didn't have a hangover the next morning. At the time I was chauffeuring a brewery rep every night (Mon to Thurs) who had lost his licence. We visited at least 4 pubs and 2 night clubs each evening so the attraction soon wore off.

I was breathalysed once (tail light bulb blown) and when asked when I last had a drink. I replied "a year gone Christmas" and received a cynical look, but the machine backed me up.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
that is a hell of a machine if able to verify you hadn't had a drink since "a year gone Christmas" ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back