Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
The law has now been published, and will apply from 1 July 2012. It will not be enforced until 1 November, when a fine of 11 Euros will be applied to all vehicles (except mopeds under 50cc) that do not carry a breathalyser.

For the record, it will apply to all visitors to France as well as those living here.

Bob

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
saw that a few days ago. single use breathalysers are quite cheap to buy, couple of euros or so i believe, but thinking that we'll need a few in case of being stopped and having to use it, and then a few miles down the road being stopped again. guess they're onto a nice little earner there....

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
remember that the following company does not have any

Breathalyser UK ..selling on Ebay with an 0844 telephone number (which claims it is a free call .. it is not) will be happy to take your money, but has no stocks and does not have a date when they can supply them.. but I am told they have taken thousands of orders .. nice business it seems to be in.. As there are 30 million motorist ??? they clam in in France and that the factory can only produce 200,000 a month there is a long delay in supplying them..

While you wait they have your money.

Bob.. p.s you can ask for a refund.. we have, but nothing as yet has reached our bank.:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Tongue in cheek !!

Got mine !!!!! Can't wait to be stopped ! I have....

2 Triangles.
Spare specs.
Set Of bulbs.
Hi Viz jackets.
Tow rope.
E 111.
Euros for Aires.
Clean underwear.
Condoms. (unused, dammit !)
Really heavy pots, pans, glasses and cutlery ! (See post on Pots and Pans !!)

What have I missed ???

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
saw that a few days ago. single use breathalysers are quite cheap to buy, couple of euros or so i believe, but thinking that we'll need a few in case of being stopped and having to use it, and then a few miles down the road being stopped again. guess they're onto a nice little earner there....

The breathalyser you buy is for your personal use ie if you have had a drink and want to check if you are fit to drive.
The police will NOT use your breathalyser, they have their own, which they will use.
But it will be sensible to buy two so that if you do use one then you are still within the law, as you are required to have one in your vehicle :thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I do not drink if I am driving - simples

The breathalyser you buy is for your personal use ie if you have had a drink and want to check if you are fit to drive.
The police will NOT use your breathalyser, they have their own, which they will use.
But it will be sensible to buy two so that if you do use one then you are still within the law, as you are required to have one in your vehicle :thumb:

I will carry one, when I ever get it that is... but as I do not run the risk of drinking and then getting behind the wheel then I do not have a problem.

I know of many of the members on this site and the RVOC that do not touch a drop on the Sunday even although they are not leaving until the Monday.. they value there licence.. as I do. I do not drink at all if I am going to be behind the wheel the next day.

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
As an aside

I saw to day that the caption of the cargo ship that hit the Stena Line car ferry on Wednesday in Belfast Lough has failed a breath test and has been put in front of the court. The Polish captain was over the alcohol limit.. he has been remanded in custody until Monday.. no bail..

Think how many could have lost there life in that sort of situation..

So it is not just cars.. or motorhomes..

I can remember when I used to fly light aircraft that at the base I used (Biggin Hill) Kent that a pilot called Kirk called the tower and ordered up a shotgun to shoot the rabbits on the runway.. he called over the radio he was Captain Kirk of the star ship Cessna.. he lost his pilots licence and got 6 months.

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I am sure he got 6 months... long time ago now

If rabbits are on the runway surely he would need a shotgun. And I didn't read about Capt Kirk going to prison......are you sure it was him :ROFLMAO:

It was a long time ago, but sure he got 6 months.. but memories as you get older may be wrong, but I can remember the facts of the shotgun and the rabbits.. he was well over the limit .. again pilots do not drink 12 hours before they fly or even more...

Bob

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
By the merest quirk of fate I have a small supply of French breathalysers at "One Fray Bentos Pie per kit"... :winky:

Collection location... Marjal...

JJ :Cool:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
a man after my own heart

By the merest quirk of fate I have a small supply of French breathalysers at "One Fray Bentos Pie per kit"... :winky:

Collection location... Marjal...

JJ :Cool:

JJ is aman after my own heart ....trade, swap and deal... alas not coming to Spain yet and I am not posting you a FBP ...

Bob:RollEyes::cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back