Breamar caravan park reviews (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
looking for some feedback if anyone’s been,
We usually disappear to Asia Christmas and new year, but due to a family wedding in South Africa next week we’re running low on holidays, anyway the intention is to head to Scotland for crimbo and new year and it seems alot of sites close for the winter season, Breamar is open and takes a larger m home May stay four nights get some walking in.
Anybody been? Good/bad reviews welcome or any better sites open that take 9mtr vans?

Thanks in advance
Mark

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Thanks
Trying to gauge of google maps the area, looks like plenty of outdoor stuff to do as well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Nice local easy walks, not been for about 4 years, seem to recall they didn't have many hard standings, might have changed but wouldn't fancy a grass pitch in the snow o_O

we liked it, been our of season but not Christmas, note though if weather not good do not attempt the route in from south west, you need to come in from Aberdeen (y)

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Now has hardstamdings according to their website, will be looking to be getting out onto the higher Munroes, I take it the road from the south west is a bit windy is it?
Cheers
Mark

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
it always had a good few hard standings, but as much again on grass maybe worth checking before you book just to be sure you are going to get one

I think the road where there would be issues is referred to as Spitall of Glenshee, regularly hear it closed due to snow / ice, but it leads to a ski centre so I am sure they do their best to keep it clear, we went over on a wet autumn day and could easily see it could be awful in snow (y)

But it is the A93 so sounds much better than it is (y)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Beautiful drive in the summer, iffy in the winter, check with traffic Scotland. Nice site,was there last year. Lovely part of the world but be prepared to be snowed in for a few hours at times.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Thanks everyone think I might book crimbo or new year there for a few days Will try for hard standing if possible
Regards
Mark

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
We were there in May this Year, great site, very clean and tidy, facilities very good, owners very helpful.
Hard standings available, great walks out from the site, Breamar village just up the road, fab butchers, try their Orange sauce with some duck very nice indeed.
Drive or cycle down to the Lin of Dee, plenty of car parking at the end, lovely River and walks there.
Ballater is a short drive away and again is a lovely small village with good parking.
We are planning to go back next year as we now have bikes and want to cycle on the Mar Lodge estate paths over the top of the Dee car park.

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Beautiful drive in the summer, iffy in the winter, check with traffic Scotland. Nice site,was there last year. Lovely part of the world but be prepared to be snowed in for a few hours at times.
Nothing wrong with getting snowed in , unfortunately I always get snowed in with my OWN wife , damn:D.
Going to that neck of woods, 6th November, to drive the Snow roads , google and you get a description of route. Too early for snow , but scenery looks spectacular. Braemar , Grantown on Spey , Tomintoul , and Cockbridge are on route.
John

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Did the snow route in April, Fabulous route, nice and remote, easy going, bit uphill down dale type road but fantastic drive & views

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I went there many years back, in February. You can't tell if your on hard standing if there's a foot of snow. I was in a front wheel drive Peugeot but had no trouble with spittal of Glenshee even in the snow. If the roads open you can get through. If its closed its a long diversion. Nice hotel bar in the village. The site gets quite booked up in the winter though so you might not get in.

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Trying to book it for beginning of November, looks like it's full . Will give them a phone rather than using website. Last few days in November available according to website.
John

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Website was a bit clunky when we first tried to book, it took a day or so to confirm payment and booking, but all sorted, would be nice to have snow for crimbo :cold::cold:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back