PandC

Free Member
Mar 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 635EK
Exp
Since 2019
I wouldn't be breaking any COVID rules by having two new rear tyres fitted to our to our Voyager Motorhome this week, would I?
Both tyres over 10 years old.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
It could be looked at as non essential since unless its your only vehicle you cant go anywhere.
But if its a local journey, I'd be inclined to get them changed.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I wouldnt have thought so but if you are worried combine it with a shopping trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If you couldn't have tyres fitted the various tyre workshops wouldn't be open.
How long would the likes of quickfit stay in business if there were no customers due to covid lockdown.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Had 2 tyres fitted on my car on Thursday - don't see the difference.

Perhaps it depends if your car was your sole/main means of transport. If PandC have another vehicle that they can use for shopping etc. I suspect that a judge would rule the travel as non-essential. I guess it would depend how far an investigation went though; I wouldn't take the risk if I had a car to use.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If you couldn't have tyres fitted the various tyre workshops wouldn't be open.
How long would the likes of quickfit stay in business if there were no customers due to covid lockdown.
just because they are open doesn't mean you can use them.
there is nothing on the gov.uk advice that allows anything except food

Leaving home​

You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You may leave the home to:

• shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
  • go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
  • exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person (in which case you should stay 2m apart). Exercise should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
  • meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
  • seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
  • attend education or childcare - for those eligible

If you do leave home for a permitted reason, you should always stay in your local area - unless it is necessary to go further, for example to go to work.

Staying in your local area means stay in the village, town, or part of the city where you live.

Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since 2008
just because they are open doesn't mean you can use them.
there is nothing on the gov.uk advice that allows anything except food

Leaving home​

You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You may leave the home to:

• shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
  • go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
  • exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person (in which case you should stay 2m apart). Exercise should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
  • meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
  • seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
  • attend education or childcare - for those eligible

If you do leave home for a permitted reason, you should always stay in your local area - unless it is necessary to go further, for example to go to work.

Staying in your local area means stay in the village, town, or part of the city where you live.

The attachment shows what businesses are open.

Attachments

• Reasonably necessary.docx
    13.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
If I remember correctly garage services in first lockdown were only open for key workers ? I maybe wrong

Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since 2008
The 'necessity test' is always an individual thing, launderettes are open but for me that is not a 'reasonably necessary' outing as I have a washing machine, but for those without a washing machine it becomes a necessary outing. Hence all those places listed at Paragraph 17 are available if you could argue it was reasonably necessary in your own circumstances to use them. The legislation does not use the word essential for precisely that reason.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Probably if you have to ask on a forum, the answer is no.

...or yes, depending on how the question is phrased :whistle2:

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
If you are in Scotland there's quite a lot you can actually leave home for. Not sure how that differs from England. The very last section on this link covers it. These rules were set on 5th Jan.

• collecting a newly purchased vehicle
  • delivering or collecting a vehicle for a repair, service or MOT
https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/

OP
OP
PandC

PandC

Free Member
Mar 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 635EK
Exp
Since 2019
Thank you all very much for your ideas and comments.
The way to go, as suggested by Coolcats, is a mobile fitter. They will be more expensive and hopefully they won't damage my drive. It has to be the best option.
I want to be set up and road worthy for when we get the nod.

Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Had 4 tyres fitted AC charged pads and discs changed oil and lilter changed and Mot 2 weeks ago garage told all fine to get done.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back