Breakdown recovery (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Hi just going through our paper work here and just noticed Greenflag limit you to 30 at a time when out the UK. What companies do others use when out UK for a long time

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Sorry - 30 what? Minutes? Miles? Call-outs? Can't see anything in my paperwork but the membership is just for the cars. I have a breakdown addition on my normal van insurance policy.

Edit - just noticed they will try for 30 mins to fix it before arranging recovery.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Innkeeper
Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Sorry - 30 what? Minutes? Miles? Call-outs? Can't see anything in my paperwork but the membership is just for the cars. I have a breakdown addition on my normal van insurance policy.

Edit - just noticed they will try for 30 mins to fix it before arranging recovery.
30 days sorry

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We went with RAC Arrival through the caravan and motorhome club. If you get the policy through the club you can get unlimited time cover and no limit on vehicle size.

Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Pilote aventura 716
Exp
Safeguard give me 365 days European breakdown, think it is with the AA

Sucoz

Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
We are with LV- britannia rescue, they told us there was no limit for europe. However when we got stuck in a muddy field recently they wouldn't come out as there was no hardstanding, don't know if this is the same with other companies

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
we are lucky to have signed up to ADAC several years ago, hopefully it will continue well after you know what !!

OP
OP
Innkeeper
Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
We are with LV- britannia rescue, they told us there was no limit for europe. However when we got stuck in a muddy field recently they wouldn't come out as there was no hardstanding, don't know if this is the same with other companies
When you say stuck do you mean in the mud or broken down? How did you get out?

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We went with RAC Arrival through the caravan and motorhome club. If you get the policy through the club you can get unlimited time cover and no limit on vehicle size.
The overseas single trip length with Arrival/RAC through C&CC is 350 days.

We were with Comfort for a long time, but they wouldn't cover the van for extended storage abroad.

So found a different insurer that would. But then needed about 240 days breakdown. And so we went with Arrival through the Club.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I have ADAC for around 80 euros per annum - the RAC arrival looks good because we have a 7ton 9m vehicle but it works out at around £240. Just wondering what difference with ADAC which covers me at home and has recovery for unlimited size.

Anyone know what extra benefit RAC would provide?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I have ADAC for around 80 euros per annum - the RAC arrival looks good because we have a 7ton 9m vehicle but it works out at around £240. Just wondering what difference with ADAC which covers me at home and has recovery for unlimited size.

Anyone know what extra benefit RAC would provide?
I wouldn't even think about changing fro adac to anything uk as it certainly won't be cheaper & nowhere near the benefits you get with adac .
It is also not limited to the actual vehicle but anything you are travelling even as a passenger,

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
We are in arrival through the CCC. But the RAC, are getting worse. We waited for 6 hours in our van going to Terrys meet. And when I wanted them to come to my house. They wanted to come to me the next day. But the the real kicker was last Monday. My wife and two young foster kids. Broke down on the a605 She made it into a bus stop. The road is a one from the A1 to the a14. It is a death trap. They told her that they would not get to her Untill 16.30 now she hap at 12.15. When my wife told them there was two young kids and a oap in the car. They told her they would ring back asap. She rang back at 13.30 and got told they was very busy and are doing there best. I went in my car. And we changed over. Rose brought the kids back home in my car. I then waited until 16.00 rang them and got told they would not get to me until 17.30. So I got upset with them. I then got a phone call from the RAC. From a girl called Chelsea .. Who said I should not get upset with them. They were doing there best. I was not happy with and said so. So I hung up on her. At 16.45 The RAC Turned up Told me the clutch had gone Which we had told them at 12.15. Then had to wait until 1820 To be towed back to Mr clutch in Northampton. So got home at 21.00. The next day they come back to us and said they had completed the call at 16.15. As you can see not happy with them..I am going to find a way to really complain. Anyone help.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Have to say in a lot of years I have only ever had to call ADAC once which was to my house and they were there quickly and efficiently so I don’t think 8 have any good reason to change

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
But am I right in saying ADAC will no longer accept any new business from non-German nationals? Apparently renewals are still okay though?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
But am I right in saying ADAC will no longer accept any new business from non-German nationals? Apparently renewals are still okay though?
Don't think it is "non-German" rather you have to have a German address. Yes renewals no problem.
Having said that & used adac twice this year , unfortunately, & excellent they were.Just reading my spanish vehicle insurance & I have very similar cover, on the breakdown side anywhere in the EU, as I have with adac.

Sucoz

Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
When you say stuck do you mean in the mud or broken down? How did you get out?
Well a friend of the owner went and got his range rover, first tried towing us from the front but it snapped the tow eye (taking it to be welded tomorrow) then they towed us backwards on the tow bar, still wouldn't get out, eventually 4 people pushed and I drove away!!

Nov 10, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Started in 2013
I have Green Flag Euro plus and that gives 90days per policy term.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back