Breakdown Recovery (1 Viewer)

Apr 15, 2017
Fylde coast lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
02/14
Hi all.had breakdown , me not motorhome on Friday, due to having correct insurance thru comfort it was recovered sat am by local firm on Anglesey and being taken on low loader to storage on fylde coast by rac monday,i am only driver as wife can't, this is a big deal to me as in Welsh hospital.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Oh dear have I read this right that you are in hospital and your van is recovered?
If that's right I do hope you have a speedy recovery and all is resolved soon.take care

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Oh dear have I read this right that you are in hospital and your van is recovered?
If that's right I do hope you have a speedy recovery and all is resolved soon.take care
Anything I can do ??????!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Sorry to hear that and wishing you well!

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Any funster in a pickle on Anglesey I will try and help if I'm contacted !! Wot no Angel Smilies??(n)

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Seriously, if I can leave a phone no somewhere and I'm available, I will certainly and 99.9% be able to help , so , where can I leave my contact no securely :cooler: ?????

OP
OP
Tumerc
Apr 15, 2017
Fylde coast lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
02/14
Hi all and thanks for good wishes, all under control now,the owners of cmc-cl were great ambulance guys saved my life helicopter took me to Bangor then onto glan clwyd.what I need to know is how long does it take to get over triple bypass opp male 68 not overweight quite fit.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Seriously, if I can leave a phone no somewhere and I'm available, I will certainly and 99.9% be able to help , so , where can I leave my contact no securely :cooler: ?????
If you click on @Tumerc s name under his avatar you can then select start a conversation. You could leave your number there and only Tumerc can read it.
What a very kind offer you have made.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
If you click on @Tumerc s name under his avatar you can then select start a conversation. You could leave your number there and only Tumerc can read it.
What a very kind offer you have made.
Well thankyou for your comment, I can well envisage their circumstances, and hell , only 21 miles from the hospital, some free time, its not my nature to encroach or interfere unless asked. So, as I mentioned, if I can leave my tel no with someone, I can certainly come to the aid of anybody from this forum (y) Oh sh.te ONLY ON ANGLESEY

Last edited:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all and thanks for good wishes, all under control now,the owners of cmc-cl were great ambulance guys saved my life helicopter took me to Bangor then onto glan clwyd.what I need to know is how long does it take to get over triple bypass opp male 68 not overweight quite fit.
Wow that sounds quite a major event . So glad you are in the right place and you and your wife are recovering from it all.
@Louis you have made a lovely gesture of help which is very kind.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Wow that sounds quite a major event . So glad you are in the right place and you and your wife are recovering from it all.
@Louis you have made a lovely gesture of help which is very kind.
Thankyou, I just put myself in Tumerc situ.
@Tumerc I have messaged you (y)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Wishing you all the best. These things can't be rushed but you will get over it. My hubby now nearly 14 years post double bypass.

OP
OP
Tumerc
Apr 15, 2017
Fylde coast lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
02/14
It's me again, god bless Louis, this has been a humbling experience total strangers have done their utmost to help myself,wife and our dotty,we were booked on ferry 23 may for a 6to9 week tour, so glad it happened nearer home.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
It's me again, god bless Louis, this has been a humbling experience total strangers have done their utmost to help myself,wife and our dotty,we were booked on ferry 23 may for a 6to9 week tour, so glad it happened nearer home.
So sorry it's happened to you but relieved that you were quite near home rather than on a long trip away.
Take care and recover well and hopefully make your journey later in the year. Best wishes to you and your wife such a worry for her too.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

Sorry to hear about all this.. There are quite a few of us on here who have been through the Bypass operation and come out the other side.

6 weeks after mine I drove from the Midlands to @Jaws Thetford bash.. That was some test having to put up with that lot ! ;)
4 month and I was driving down to Spain...
Now 2 years and counting... :)
Do I presume you have had the operation, if so take it steady and watch out for the sneezing..!!!! (y)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I had a triple CABG on 2nd August last year.
By the end of OctoberI was up a scaffold tower, which I erected, painting the house exterior and fitting new soffits.
Not everyone is as lucky though....some folks on one of the heart forums are 18 months/2 years post op and still can't work.
While the thought off the operation if frightening it is routine and in my case pretty painless afterwards.....even after the morphine has worn off but try not to sneeze, it hurts like hell for a few minutes.
I had more pain and problems with the leg wound where they harvested the vein.

You won't be allowed to drive for 6 to 8 weeks but you don't need to inform DVLA.
If you want any advise or just to chat PM me or Tonka (Steve). He helped me through it.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
In true Funster style... :)

87f17fa0182515cea632e3a5318059e8.jpg

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
You need to give 6 weeks at least still painfull after this dont rush it mate get well soon regards steve

OP
OP
Tumerc
Apr 15, 2017
Fylde coast lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
02/14
Hi all sorry for late reply but just got back online after being transported back to hostpital in lancashire nearer home today,thankyou for replies regarding recovery and to pappajohn for pictures, told opp may be later this week.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hope that journey wasn't to uncomfortable and glad you are nearer home for your wife and family.
Good luck with the operation soon. Take care.

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011

Really sorry to hear of your problem . . . but always remember . . . it could have been a lot worse . . thank god your op has been successful, and if your following all the advice given by the cardiac unit, you should be fine in next to no time, remember the standard procedure, no driving for a least four weeks, then if you are up for it, away you go, taking it steady of course . . and Happy Motorhoming,

All the best,

Ken.

:drink: :cheers: :drink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back