Breakdown : good addresses to remember when in France (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Following russ the rambler 's thread about his damaged awning, I wanted to let know about these 2 adresses you should bookmark in case of a breakdown when in France.

August in France is a bit of a nightmare when it comes to breakdown with the motorhomes/cars. Lots of places are closed to start with, and of course all the open ones are over booked.
I gave quite a few phone calls to different people while we were waiting for Narbonne Accessoires's answer to our mail. Most of them were busy up to mid september, or just didn't want to come to the campsite where Russ and family (and motorhome) were staying.
BTW.... Narbonne Accessoires never comes on spot. So just forget about them if in real trouble.

BUT.... at least I found someone in Vendée (departement 85) whom I had ask if any reliable contact in Beziers... just in case he knew someone there.
No, no contact but the guy is nice , has good reviews and works on spot. Where ever you are in VENDEE he can help. I understand he does 2 more departements (44 and 49) . Lots of you funsters, travel in this area and I thought I should let you know.

http://www.caradom85.com/

Also , the guy who came to help Russ has another kind of business. His job is to tow broken down vehicles. But... Very kind and helpful guy and he accepted to come on spot to help. He too, has very good reviews , so indeed when in Beziers or not far from there, keep his number in your pocket , you never know!

I told him to keep my mobile number in case some English people wanted some help.

I hope that will help you if in trouble

Of course you can still give a shout on here;)

Amicalement
Frankie

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Following russ the rambler 's thread about his damaged awning, I wanted to let know about these 2 adresses you should bookmark in case of a breakdown when in France.

August in France is a bit of a nightmare when it comes to breakdown with the motorhomes/cars. Lots of places are closed to start with, and of course all the open ones are over booked.
I gave quite a few phone calls to different people while we were waiting for Narbonne Accessoires's answer to our mail. Most of them were busy up to mid september, or just didn't want to come to the campsite where Russ and family (and motorhome) were staying.
BTW.... Narbonne Accessoires never comes on spot. So just forget about them if in real trouble.

BUT.... at least I found someone in Vendée (departement 85) whom I had ask if any reliable contact in Beziers... just in case he knew someone there.
No, no contact but the guy is nice , has good reviews and works on spot. Where ever you are in VENDEE he can help. I understand he does 2 more departements (44 and 49) . Lots of you funsters, travel in this area and I thought I should let you know.

http://www.caradom85.com/

Also , the guy who came to help Russ has another kind of business. His job is to tow broken down vehicles. But... Very kind and helpful guy and he accepted to come on spot to help. He too, has very good reviews , so indeed when in Beziers or not far from there, keep his number in your pocket , you never know!

I told him to keep my mobile number in case some English people wanted some help.

I hope that will help you if in trouble

Of course you can still give a shout on here;)

Amicalement
Frankie
Frankie, you are such an asset to the motorhome community. Dont think I'll need to use your contacts but thank you anyway. Very kind of you.

Nov 5, 2017
Nouvelle Aquitaine France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1980
Thanks it's nice to know of good people including yourself Frankie. When we come down your way we will bring you a bottle of pineau. From our area Charente. 😘

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back