Breakdown en route to ferry (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Gutted, should be in Le Havre, broke down lastnight, AA could not fix it so eventually towed us home at 2.30 am. Suddenly lost power and although engine would turn over it wouldnt catch. His diagnostics suggest a fault with the fuel injection piezoelectrics as it would start up if he squirted easystart into something whilst i was turning engine with foot on accelerator, think it was the air inlet . As it warmed up it would the stop again which could be minutes or an hour he said. I will have to phone main Peugeot dealer as its an autosleeper symbol 2003 as my local man probably wont have the equipment. Not a good start to retirement. I am a bit grumpy.

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Piezoelectrics?? Not in any engine I've ever heard of. Fingers crossed that's it's a simple fault.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
So sorry to hear this what awful timing for it to go, though I suppose better here than over the channel. Hope it's fixed soon at a reasonable price.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Bad luck and your having a bit of it lately...
Fingers crossed you get sorted, maybe in a way it's better that it happened this side of Channel...

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
What a bummer-- but if your van hadn't started trying to move off the ferry... Stuff of nightmares.
Hope it's an easy repair and you'll soon be on your way.

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Not piezoelectrics,sorry, fuel injectors of which there are 4, brain a bit fuddled as you can imagine. We think that even if it is sirted within a few days we will stay in England, knocked our confidence a bit. Thankyou for your kind words everyone, it does help. Cant see how to thak people on the new site so will like you instead.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back