Breakdown cover (1 Viewer)

hobson

Free Member
Dec 9, 2008
UK
Funster No
I'm sure this has been asked many times but can someone reccomend a good euro and uk breakdown service for our 32ft american RV?
we're members of the caravan club but i can't find anything on the site.... :Sad:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Join C&CC and then go for RAC arrival scheme is what we did, we were with CC and Mayday/Green Flag for a year, didn't like the feel of CC and major shock, but it's why we have recovery, we had cause to call Mayday/Green Flag, well appauling is the best way to describe the result. Two attempts to get a garage to us neither of which could cope with our little 22foot RV! Fortunatly I was able to fix the problem but what we really needed was a bright van with flashing lights as we'd broken down on a roundabout!

The RAC do a recovery scheme direct but is free to join with a fixed pricing schedule for call outs, needless to ******* expensive!

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Caravan Club run the 'Mayday' scheme (similar to C&CC Arrival scheme I think)

Try checking hers - perhaps give them a call to verify your RV will be acceptable,

Link Removed

Bryan

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
We are covered by 'Green Flag' (Mayday) supplied as an extra by the Caravan Club - they promise no size or weight restriction - but I would rather not be the first to test the theory!

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
i joined the camping and caravaning club and got a discount on my rac cover,they do a product called arrival.when my 36 foot rv broke down with a blocked fuel filter that we could not find, they sent out a brand new £250000 8 wheel heavey underlift scania to collect me and the rv,and a taxi for er in doors and the kids.my final bill from the rac for this service was zero/£ 0.00 .all this for about £30 ish to camping and cc and about£75 to rac .(these figures are only very aprox as they go by dd so dont quote me on the numbers) hope this is of interest. steve.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
My insurers are Sureteam direct and they have just recovered my RV from NY do to Wales on a low loader £100 an hour job and for sure it cost em minimum of £1200.

I am very satisfied.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Watch the small print!

Hi

Some of the recovery schemes Will NOT Recover American Vehicles, So check the "small print" or ask the question and get it in writing!!

With my first R-V I had cover under my insurance, with the RAC, After they stopped offering cover for AMERICAN vehicles I changed to the NFU, for insurance.

My Recovery is Still via the RAC on the Caravan and Camping Club`s "arrival" scheme. I pay about £170pa for (90 day Trip) FULL EUROPEAN cover. (imagine the cost of recovering a 7tonne 30 footer from Spain??) We have had reason to use them, and so far they have been absolutely First Class. When I lost two tyres on the M25 I was low loadered to Dover. 10pm at night. (Had the tyres replaced next day). 2003 the tow hitch failed in France they found me a local garage who welded it, and kept ringing to check if we where ok. When my Gearbox broke the main shaft (G-M say it has NEVER happened before) we where recovered from Denham,(Bucks) to Alton (Hants) at Midnight on a Saturday. again apart from some damage to the exhaust due to the long overhang whilst offloading (when a Block slipped) we where well looked after. (the RAC took responsibilty for their contractor and eventually paid for the new Silencer).

Pete

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back