Breakdown Cover (1 Viewer)

A

Arkwright

Deleted User
Anyone out there knows if there is such a thing as European Breakdown Cover, I have just recently bought an American RV and although these companies brag about covering any vehicle any size, When it comes to the nitty gritty!! Any size means No longer than 8mtrs, Height 3.5mtrs and weight 4350kgs!! Need Help!!:cry:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Arkwright, yes mate ther is I have cover with the RAC its called their arrival scheme and you have to joint the caravan club first in order to be allowed into the RAC scheme, I just know your going to say Ah! But the RAC wont cover it, in the Arrival scheme they surely will....... GAURANTEED
Geo:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
ARIVAL ,ALSO,they told me they would recover a 40 tonner if it was a m/h:ROFLMAO::thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Yes it's the CC&C and yes they will recover any size of motorhome.

I have insured my 34' Monaco Windsor with the RAC and they confirmed this too even in the case of an accident!!!

Link Removed

Regards Pat

OP
OP
A

Arkwright

Deleted User
Yes it's the CC&C and yes they will recover any size of motorhome.

I have insured my 34' Monaco Windsor with the RAC and they confirmed this too even in the case of an accident!!!

Link Removed

Regards Pat
Thanks for that Pat!! Sorry for the delay in replying! New at this could'nt find how to get any answers back that i may have had!! Dont suppose you could help me out with a phone number for CC&C going away very soon and getting a bit twitchy! Broke down last time out. No big deal (Auto Brake Leaked all fluid) Just as i took my ticket at french toll booth! O was i popular!! Need a bit o peice o mind this time!

Thanks Again
Gordon

OP
OP
A

Arkwright

Deleted User
Hi Arkwright, yes mate ther is I have cover with the RAC its called their arrival scheme and you have to joint the caravan club first in order to be allowed into the RAC scheme, I just know your going to say Ah! But the RAC wont cover it, in the Arrival scheme they surely will....... GAURANTEED
Hi GEO, Thanks for that! And you were correct i was going to say that!! I joined the Caravan Club before i thought about cover and cant get a sensible answer out of them!! To be honest they doin my ed in! But now i have an idea about this "Arrival Scheme" I'll have another pop at em! Tried again today like talking to a brick wall!! Sorry for delay i have been looking for any replies all week! Could'nt find em!! DER You probably guessed i'm new at this!
Thanks Again
Gordon

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Gordon,
I think you may be getting confused by now.

You need to join The Caravan & Camping Club HERE
You then go to the RAC & tell them you want to join the arrival scheme as a member of the CCC. You will get cover as stated earlier. :thumb:

I had a puncture in Barcelona & the jack was usless so called RAC & was on my way in 40 mins, including directions from the "mechcanico" that fixed us up. :clap:

OP
OP
A

Arkwright

Deleted User
Hi GEO, Thanks for that! And you were correct i was going to say that!! I joined the Caravan Club before i thought about cover and cant get a sensible answer out of them!! To be honest they doin my ed in! But now i have an idea about this "Arrival Scheme" I'll have another pop at em! Tried again today like talking to a brick wall!! Sorry for delay i have been looking for any replies all week! Could'nt find em!! DER You probably guessed i'm new at this!
Thanks Again
Gordon

OP
OP
A

Arkwright

Deleted User
Gordon,
I think you may be getting confused by now.

You need to join The Caravan & Camping Club HERE
You then go to the RAC & tell them you want to join the arrival scheme as a member of the CCC. You will get cover as stated earlier. :thumb:

I had a puncture in Barcelona & the jack was usless so called RAC & was on my way in 40 mins, including directions from the "mechcanico" that fixed us up. :clap:
Hi Keiith, Just done it On-Line, Will contact RAC when all goes thru! And yes my head is mashed! lol
Many Thanks :thumb:
Gordon

davaud

Free Member
Mar 20, 2008
cheshire
Funster No
MH
1992 coachbuilt
Exp
3 years motorhoming 18 years caraving
davaud

hi i had this trouble last year didnt cover anything over 15 years old but found that the camping and caravan club did it was cheaper if you joined the club first but check if they take that lenghth before you consider joining

OurGert 'n' Him

Free Member
Feb 14, 2008
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
We joined the C&CC and the RAC Arrivals scheme and are we glad we did!! Two blown tyres on our 33ft Damon Intruder just as we were approaching the M25 on our way back from Normandy. Recovered all the way home to sunny Doncaster on a low-loader. Premium was worth every penny that day!!! ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back