Mitchyd

Free Member
Jan 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano T725
Exp
Dont own yet
Afternoon all today's question is, when we get our motorhome we shall want to get breakdown cover and I have been reading articles saying people couldn't get recovery due to being too long or too heavy?? The motorhome we are going for is a Burstner Solano T725 which is over 7 meters long and 3 tonne so can anyone recommend a breakdown service for me please.

Deleted User
Afternoon all today's question is, when we get our motorhome we shall want to get breakdown cover and I have been reading articles saying people couldn't get recovery due to being too long or too heavy?? The motorhome we are going for is a Burstner Solano T725 which is over 7 meters long and 3 tonne so can anyone recommend a breakdown service for me please.
Caravan & motorhome club provide breakdown cover via Green Flag. If taken out with CMC no restriction on size or weight.
spongy

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Ive just taken Axa assist cover out with My Insurance

8 metres long
3 metres high
2.55 metres wide
7 tonnes
UK and Europe Recovery £49.00

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
BEWARE
A lot of breakdown policies have been altered this year reducing size or weight.
We were with kudos and they have reduced weight down to 3500kg and length to 5.5m They did not mention it on the renewal and their website still had the old weights and length. If I had renewed without speaking to them my cover would have been useless!

Upvote 0
Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
Make sure you read all the small print, I had a problem in France last year in May. Blew 2 tyres on the rear on 1 side, called breakdown service said I have 1 spare but 2 tyres blown off the rims. They came out and fitted 2 tyres ( at my cost for tyres) but said they would pay the call out charge. Returned home, put the claim form in and they said they would not pay. 1225euros!! It's with the ombudsman now but I still don't have the money back. Make sure they repatriate your van back to uk if it can't be repaired where you breakdown and check how much they will pay to do that. It's a time consuming mine field.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back