Breakdown Cover (1 Viewer)

Ricklister

Free Member
Jan 17, 2009
Funster No
Hi

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good company that will offer European breakdown cover for a van over 3.8 tonnes?

Thanks

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
After contacting several companies they all had clauses restricting either weight or length. Eventually I found Saga had a NO RESTRICTION policy without all the cowboy small print to catch you out. There cover is for UK and Europe without length or weight limits. The price was as competative as anyone else. My main reason for breakdown cover was to have a wheel change which most companies class as a cost item.
Wiljoy:thumb:

johnnerontheroad

Free Member
Dec 11, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have SAGA but try ADAC they are very good had the when I lived in Germany.

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good company that will offer European breakdown cover for a van over 3.8 tonnes?

Thanks

ADAC at a fraction of the other cover from RAC. Both cover large vans.

ADAC are in Germany but many of us use them with good reports of the service when used. They have English speaking staff & I had no trouble joining for around £78 for full European cover.

I have an English translation of the hand book & conditions but it's too large to attach on here, if you want it PM me with your email & I'll send it to you.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

If you are interested in ADAC a copy of the conditions can be found on this web site in the download section, they are a best attempt translation so there may be some inaccuracies

Link Removed

Its also worth checking ADAC web site which will provide more details

Link Removed

Hope that helps

OP
OP
R

Ricklister

Free Member
Jan 17, 2009
Funster No
Thanks

Will give them a try

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

poonamt93

Free Member
Jan 5, 2010
Funster No
I would first try here: Link Removed. they compare uk and european covers - actually compare, not only list banners and ads. but what is even more important they give you the exact premium based on your requirements (i.e. car age, number of days you want to go for etc.) for the whole variety of recovery providers (aa, rac and smaller ones). and those they do not list those policies that you can't buy (i.e. your car is to old).
May this help you...........:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back