breakdown cover (1 Viewer)

D

daviddharris

Deleted User
Hi everyone,
I have an '05 Lunar Roadstar 786 and intend to do some UK and European touring this summer (im new to motorhome ownership, having rented a 786 last summer). I would like some help please with selecting good breakdown cover for both UK and Continental travel. Its not something i want to use, but if and when i need to - i need it to be the best!

Thank you!

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Hi everyone,
I have an '05 Lunar Roadstar 786 and intend to do some UK and European touring this summer (im new to motorhome ownership, having rented a 786 last summer). I would like some help please with selecting good breakdown cover for both UK and Continental travel. Its not something i want to use, but if and when i need to - i need it to be the best!

Thank you!

Hi ,Dave,If you are a member of the Camping and Caravan Club, you can join the RAC ARRIVAL scheme through them, it is basically the Rolls Royce of breakdown cover UK and Europe,It covers any vehicle,you or a named person is in as a passenger or driver, no age restriction on vehicle, no size restriction or weight on vehicle.The only down side of it is that you are restricted to 90 days cover in EUROPE in any one trip, so you must return to England every 90 days.. Otherwise you can get cover with Comfort Insurance but only if you insure the vehicle with them, there must be other options available, and I'm sure someone will be along to tell you of them Regards Malc. :thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Nationwide

For information,

Nationwide are offering cover for any size / weight RV / motorhome.

The only downside I could see was that European trips were limited to 90 days. but that is common with other providers.

Link Removed

Copy of email I received: This is for over 23ft, any weight .. smaller vans are cheaper .. Link Removed
For your vehicle the price range is from £63.00 to £116.55 depending on the level of cover that you require. These are the actual prices you pay.
The prices for the grades are:

Bronze Roadside & Free recovery up to 20 miles. £63.00 per annum

Silver Roadside & UK National recovery. £75.60 per annum

Gold Roadside, Home start, UK National recovery. £90.30 per annum

Platinum Roadside, Home start, UK National recovery & European recovery. £116.55 per annum

The above rates cover any make or size of Motorhome over 23’ or 7 mtrs, there is an age limit of 15 years old but even at that stage we can still provide assistance via our PAYG or Ocius schemes. The above rates also cover the use of a trailer or caravan up to 23’ or 7 mtrs in addition to the Motorhome as long as the trailer or caravan was being towed at the time of the breakdown.

In addition to the above rates you can also add sickness, accident & vandalism cover for an extra £25.00.

This means that if the driver becomes ill and unable to drive whilst in the UK or in Europe in the case of Platinum cover, then we will recover the vehicle back for you.

You are covered if your vehicle is involved in an accident and has to be repatriated or if your vehicle is vandalised again any repatriation is covered be that in the UK or in the case of Platinum cover in Europe.

Should your vehicle be older than 15 years we have our PAYG scheme which for a £5 fee for the first vehicle and £2 for each subsequent vehicle we will provide cover as per our insured schemes only with this service it must be paid for on use. Therefore this scheme can be very beneficial to owners with very well maintained vehicles who just want the assurance that if anything did ever go wrong they have access to over 20,000 recovery operates in the UK alone 24 hours per day.

PAYG automatically gives you 10% off of our retail tariff which is our trade rate. All our prices are always publically available online and is only changed once a year. We pride ourselves on being totally transparent, we do not add percentages to invoices and any other such behaviour. What you see is what you pay.

hth

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread