? Breakdown cover,home and away (1 Viewer)

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
My insurance is due for renewal, and NFU Mutual have quoted, however, they don't do breakdown cover, at home or in Europe. I like their cover, because they will let me leave the van in Europe if I need to fly home for an emergency.

I also liked their approach, which seems to be personal.

My current insurer will provide the breakdown cover, but not let me leave the van.

Can anyone recommend a standalone breakdown cover.

Mikael63

Free Member
Mar 4, 2018
Funster No
I am with German ADAC, about £80 a year UK and European cover. I have only used them once and that was in the UK. They send out the AA in the UK. They cover you not the vehicle so you are covered in anything upto 7.5 tonnes and 10 metres long. If you are not a German resident you have to call them to arrange cover. Sorry have not got the number available right now but I can check for you if you are interested. Mikael

OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
I am with German ADAC, about £80 a year UK and European cover. I have only used them once and that was in the UK. They send out the AA in the UK. They cover you not the vehicle so you are covered in anything upto 7.5 tonnes and 10 metres long. If you are not a German resident you have to call them to arrange cover. Sorry have not got the number available right now but I can check for you if you are interested. Mikael

Thank you Mikael. Unfortunately Adac don't cover British addresses any more although I think they are still honouring renewals. Thank you anyway .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikael63

Free Member
Mar 4, 2018
Funster No
Did not know that, got renewal coming up in May. Can only hope its going through.

Mikael63

Free Member
Mar 4, 2018
Funster No
Hi, you were right!. Sent ADAC an email this morning and they do renewals but no new Uk members. its a pity because they are good!
Mikael.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Couple of options - Nationwide Flex account: costs £13 per month but gives you breakdown cover, mobile phone insurance and travel insurance; or try Britannia Rescue - think they cover motorhomes as well as cars.

Denise

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back