Breakdown cover for motorhome (1 Viewer)

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
The best value for money for breakdown service in Europe and Uk seems to be with a German Company ADAC who can be contacted at Tanja.klein@nrh.adac.de
or on their website www.adac.de
or by phone to a designated English speaking representative 0049 221 472747.

This topic has been a frequent thread over the last couple of months with everyone who has used them singing their praises both from a cost and efficiency of service point of view.

I intend seriously looking at them when I renew my breakdown cover which at present is with Greenflag.

This service costs in the region of £90 depending on value of the Euro for complete cover, both in UK and Europe. Those who have used their breakdown cover in UK have found they have been attended by AA breakdown on a reciprocal basis with ADAC in Germany.

Hope this helps.

Norman

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We got ours through Frank Pickles give them a call and see what they have, and as an added bonus it covers all the uk and not just England:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
i rang adac 2 months ago and paid over the phone for membership plus with credit card 78.50euros plus 4 euros new member admin or something like that. had my receipt within 3 days and full papers/member card etc 7 days later. brilliant and spoke better english than me.
ps not used them yet though (touch wood)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, our Insurance on the van is with Saga, and they cover us for European Breakdown Cover, used it three years ago in France no problem. :Smile: Bob.

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Don't know about insuring with Saga, we've just had a blinking saga with Swinton.

It has eventually worked out OK but I did have to shout at them (Link Removed).

Whoever you go with, just make sure you read ALL of the small print!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Had to be recovered in France when the gearbox pump failed on the Merc. a couple of weeks ago, by the RAC, via Comfort insurance.

They handled everything including 2 nights hotel accommodation, with no hassles. So I would recommend them any time.

The Hymer was fully loaded @ 4.6 Tonne.

Pete:Cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 13

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun