Breakdown cover for 5er (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Anybody got european breakdown cover to include 5er, my existing RAC won't cover and C&CC say not classed as motorhome so their no limits policy won't cover either. Tow vehicle is covered by manufacturers but if I need recovery I don't think the complete rig would be covered.Alternative of course is to pay the(large) bill but any alternatives would be gratefully received.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Have you checked ADAC the German breakdown company, if you google the name I'm sure it will come up with a contact number, you could also search this site as they have been discussed before, they also have English speaking people if you ring them, its worth a try ? hope it helps

Braunston

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
5er Cover

Hi

Have you tried Green flag (Caravan Club)? They cover some very big caravans, Hobbys etc? My Last Caravan was as big as the current law allows, and they covered that.

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just got off the phone,,

If and only if you are a member of the Camping & Caravaning club of GB.

You can phone the RAC (08705 722 722) and get continental cover for a 5er & Truck..

This policy covers any Length & size Truck/Caravan/5th Wheel...

But as I said you must be a member of the CCCof GB, you do get 10 or 15% discount (Cannot remember exact, hence 10 or 15%) You will be asked for your membership number..

It`s not cheap £180 approx,, but that is Legal/Get you home if they cannot fix by the roadside and unlimited continental use,
You can get it cheaper by opting for named and timed continental use,, I have gone for anytime.

I have spent hours on the phone and these are the only ones who will give full cover on 5ers & trucks..

Hope this helps some of us 5ers. If you want any more info pm me. :thumb:

It is a big weight off my mind, with a 3 month trip looming. ::bigsmile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just a post script to my last,,

It is no good going through the camping and Caravaning Club of GB. To get breakdown cover.

In actual fact they would not insure my 5er & Truck,,
Dont ask why, the only thing I can think of is because it is a left hooker. :Sad:

Phone the number I gave and ask for "Alan" and say it is a no limit to size/length cover wanted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back