Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Brechin
Funster No
MH
Swift royale 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
Such sad news, total arsewipes who commit this kind of crime. My caravan was broken into and £500 worth of gear stolen, police didn't want to know, gave me a crime number and chased me.....sickening.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Breach of Contract

I am also on the same compound at Rochester, having seen the first post I naturally went down to check my MH. Half the staff including management were not aware of the incident! I checked the perimeter fence (palisade fencing) to find it had been cut through three bays down, they were not aware ! I then offered to bring down some fence section to repair the damaged rail. Four days later it remains insecure, Today I will go down with the fence and fix it, (and charge them) When questioned yesterday the office told me they had no one available., strange because there were two bodies idle in the office. What planet are they on!

As previously noted there is a duty of care on Medway Bridge to provide
a decent level of security. It is no good having electronic gates in the main road if the thieving bas....ds can come and go through the fence as they please..

So much for CASSOA.:Angry:

The site might be guilty of breach of contract if not only was the lighting not working but they failed to investigate the break-in, failed to find the broken fencing and then failed to repair it amongst other possible failings. Could well be worth a County Court Summons in the Small Claims Court to recover the excess on your insurance policy and another costs that they don't meet to put you back where you were before this. They will have to reimburse the court fees to you if found to be at fault!

Sorry for your loss and hope you get it sorted soon.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I went to look at a local Secure storage site last year. They said all the right things on the phone. High galvanised steel spiked railings all around the perimeter, CCTV everywhere, local staff on site, and extensive lighting.
I went to have a look.. Both gates open, no one around. Office empty. They wanted £600 a year paid up front and your keys left in the office.
I didn't bother.
If you look on Google maps, street view, the gates are still open!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We used to keep ours at Medway Bridge. We moved it though when they introduced stupid rules on access to the compound.

We now keep ours at a facility near Orpington which is very expensive but really top class ( so far).

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Hi Chris

Can you give me the details of the site at Orpington please? My sister lives near Rochester and I will need a storage place for my MH for a week or so in July, if they do short-term storage, it's my other sister's fault because her and her husband have given up their rented bungalow with a huuuge driveway and bought a house. Selfish if you ask me...::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Hi Chris

Can you give me the details of the site at Orpington please? My sister lives near Rochester and I will need a storage place for my MH for a week or so in July, if they do short-term storage, it's my other sister's fault because her and her husband have given up their rented bungalow with a huuuge driveway and bought a house. Selfish if you ask me...::bigsmile:

I will PM you:thumb:

Dotplus6

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
I have now received my "track my crime" number from kent police only to find the crime was resolved within 12 hours,so with no police contact no police visit no return of stolen goods no resolve to smashed in habitation door, crime is resolved, is this what they call crime figure adjustment ?

That sounds crazy - I would definitely be following this up - how can a crime be resolved if no-one was caught. Try local MP? Are things that bad in England that they don't even bother trying ………

Dot

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back