Break down cover

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by rob kinnear, Oct 4, 2011.

  1. rob kinnear

    rob kinnear

    Nov 29, 2010
    I have read many threads about breakdown cover and at the moment I am covered by Saga with my insurance.
    I am looking at a possible change and am considering all options and have seen a add link on fun for 2gether insurance ( ) and my question is has anyone had any dealings with them.

  2. rainbow chasers

    rainbow chasers

    Oct 30, 2009
    Mid Cornwall
    I used to have a car insured with 2gether for years, and they were fairly helpful when taking your money.

    I later changed insurers as their price sky rocketed - and then had some experience with 'customer care'........there wasn't any! .......In fact, I would go as far as saying, it felt as if I were dealing with yobs.

    They had failed to add my NCB to the renewal notice, so asked for one to be sent to me for the new insurers, aggressively they agreed after threatening to charge me £95 admin fee if I bothered them again (I only called once!) and telling me they were not a charity and too busy to be dealing with me.

    When they sent it, I did have to call them back, as they had only given the previous couple of years I was with them for, and not the 9 years I had when I joined them.

    I cannot really post the reponse - but in effect, it was tough luck, as I was no longer a customer of theirs.

    Helpful when you are with them - not so when you leave....if you have a claim, I really dread to think how you would be treated!

    Try Frank Pickles - now that is a good company that is helpful, cheap and fair!
    • Like it Like it x 1
  3. slobadoberbob


    Jun 1, 2009
    Kent, garden of England
    Read the terms of this policy

    I had a look at the terms of this policy from the link you provided. I personally would not take out a policy with this kind of extra charges each time you call them and with a 4 times a year only. Also the restrictions up to 3.5 tons only.

    No good for me with an RV.

    I would suggest you have a look at the ADAC - the german company that a lot of motorhome and RV owners have cover with. Less than a £100 and you get a lot for the money.

    ADAC has 17m members in europe and covers all the countries around the med and the UK as well as the rest of Europe.. can get extensions for the USA as well. You get a UK freephone number (it goes to the AA).. but you get all the extras that ADAC have like tow you out of mud, air ambulance, dedicated recovery trucks .. fleet of 17 helicopters.. you buy it on the telephone with a call to Germany and they send you a membership card.. a nice 'German' magazine each month.. the German operators speak English fine.. you get translation service, pets bought home, the usual odds and ends.. search the MHF for ADAC and see just what you get for your money compared to this company.

    I think you might be suprised at what is on offer.

    • Like it Like it x 1

Share This Page