Brand new demountable. gas regulator (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
A friend has ordered a brand new custom built demountable.

It doesn't come with a gas regulator or leisure battery.

After paying as much as he has I would expect it to come pretty much ready to roll apart from the gas bottle?

I seem to recall (I may be wrong) that after 2004 the regulators had to be wall mounted? Shouldn't the van have one fitted already?

Thanks.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A friend has ordered a brand new[HI] custom built[/HI] demountable.

It doesn't come with a gas regulator or leisure battery.

After paying as much as he has I would expect it to come pretty much ready to roll apart from the gas bottle?

I seem to recall (I may be wrong) that after 2004 the regulators had to be wall mounted? Shouldn't the van have one fitted already?

Thanks.

I would have thought it would have been part of the 'build' all new vans are supplied with one.. but the operative word here is 'custom'.. Was it listed as part of the build, does he (the buyer) have a specification and list of what is included ?

Was it supplied with a gas test certificate? I suspect not, unless the regulator was fitted then removed..

Since September 2003 a European standard (EN 1949) has made the supply pressure the same for both gases throughout the EU at 30mbar . While pre-2003 units still require different regulators depending on the gas used, all current UK-built caravans run at 30mbar and this figure should be marked in the gas locker near to the regulator .

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back