• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Brand new Bailey 2 Bike Rack/Bike Cover/Reflective Sign £175 (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I bought this a few weeks ago to fit on my Bailey Approach Autograph 745 (it will fit any Bailey), but like a wally I have changed the van on a whim so its now surplus to requirements. Its the proper Bailey approved rack bought from Johns Cross of this very parish, together with a matching all over bike cover and fancy reflective sign (that fits into a plastic pocket on the cover). Carrying capacity 60kg so its fine for 2 electric bikes. Never been out of the box, absolutely new, £175 for the lot and I will throw in postage.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Shame it wasn't for a swift I'm looking for one.:rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 25, 2014
Walsall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
I am seriously thinking of buying one of these Bailey's, either a 740 or 745.

Can you tell me why you have got rid of yours?

Thanks in anticipation

Mick

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Hi Mick.

We wanted a garage to put the electric bikes in! That was pretty much the only reason, although we both like the idea of an island bed. Our 745 was brilliant, both to drive and to live in, and if Bailey had made the new 730 with a sensibly sized bed (5foot 10 inches is minute) and a proper bathroom instead of the mess they have concocted we would have had one of those. Bailey vans are just the best value out there. Ours is for sale at Highbridge with loads of extras. Do you want a bike rack for when you get yours?

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
We've just bought a 745, just the lay out we wanted, only little niggles l would say is the garage isn't very big, the loo area is a tad small but that's me probably, wouldn't bother other peeps,the shower is a good size, these are minor to us as everything else is spot on and a very good build spec for the money.

Jan 25, 2014
Walsall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
I will let you know when I have made my decision to buy one.

I will tell you the main reason why I am considering buying a 740 and that is price.

I went to the NEC show and really liked a the autosleeper Broadway FB . Then I cam across the Bailey Approach 740 which is identical in layout . However the price is not identical. The Bailey is £10k less, so I really want to know what is the catch?

The sales people tell me that Bailey is manufactured on a production line, as opposed to most other makes and this reduces the cost of manufacture. I have been onto the Bailey website and watched a video as to how they are made and sure enough what the sales man said to me seems to be accurate.

I am told autosleeper produce quality MH's so at the moment I am at a cross roads as to which vehicle I will buy. I am not rushing into this but I want to be confident that if I buy a Bailey I have got quality. My mother always used to say to me "You get what you pay for"

Thank you for your reply

Mick

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I can only comment on the two Baileys I have owned, and yes, whilst they may have been built on a production line (I thought most motorhomes were nowadays?) and had very minor problems on delivery, the overall quality was excellent for the price. The Alde heating is superb, everything works, storage is very good, the seats and beds are comfy and I have had exemplary service from my local dealer (Cotswold Edge) that made ownership a pleasure. If only Bailey had taken a bit more care in designing the new 730 that's what we would have bought now.

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Yep the bike rack doesn't come as standard, but bartering as to be done for some freebies as everyone knows, we got bike rack in blue to match the van and Gaslow from our old van transfered over and reversing camera at reduced price.

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Price reduction to £150 for a quick sale. That's for the rack itself and a Fiamma bike cover and a reflective sign.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi I assume you have already tried advertising it on gumtree fee adds and free photo upload (y)

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Not Gumtree no. I really don't trust or like that site. With eBay's commission and charges for Paypal etc its hardly worth putting it up there either unless I bump the price up a bit, so I thought a Funster might benefit from my haste in buying something I didn't have a use for!

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I find that when listing on gumtree in the box how would you like to be contacted un-tick the box for emails and tick phone contact only have sold a good few things on there no problems and put another 20 items up yesterday 2 sold already cash on collection .
Daft question is the rack peculiar to the Bailey models ,or will it fit other vehicles??
Tried looking on JC without any luck

Last edited:
OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Yes that's the same one (plus the cover and sign of course). It looks like it should be adjustable to fit other vans but I really don't know (I haven't even taken it out of its box!).

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Still have the rack for sale, with the cover and sign. Brand new, unopened, ready for spring.......

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Why not try Preloved. I have always been successful at selling items on this website. Free to advertise and I itial contact via 'e' mail - simples!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back