Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
My Winnie is an old girl and as such old tech in the brake dept. Can any owners of these RV's tell me if their brakes are.......Lacking, or need a really weighty push to activate them? I normally pump mine to get a better feel, not sure if this is in my head though.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Don't know about RV Brakes, but on an older Euro van I had similar problem asked a mech. and he suggested changing the brake fluid worked wonders for me. If you have not changed yours for awhile maybe worth a try.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
RV brakes, many feel they are lacking, but then again you are stopping a heavy weight, probably in your case 5.5-6 tons???

Difficult without having a go, as it were, to compare but condition, what are the disks like, pads, general operation, iffy hoses should flag at MOT anyway and as above, brake fluid, when (has it ever) was it last changed.

Our Winne's brakes are OK, they don't feel overly inspiring when first applied but they are there and if firmer push is applied they get stronger, funnily enough and at MOT time they can max out the guages on the wall:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike/jen

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
Powys
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
7 years
Changing the brake fluid works wonders, also check the pads, they might have gone hard over lack of use, also discs could be worn. Failing the above try a brake test.
Mike

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
She passes the brake test on the rollers ok, not had fluid changed in my ownership may be look at that before going any further.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
My Winne is exactly the same, I lack confidence in them, but, they will stop the brute, and it maxed on the test rollers, so, they must be right.

Craig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike/jen

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
Powys
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
7 years
I personaly think you wont go wrong with doing the brake fluid and at the same time do the clutch fluid, unless it it is a cable clutch, must dealers recommend 2 years for replacing fluids. Mike:thumb:

mike/jen

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
Powys
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
7 years
personaly think you wont go wrong with doing the brake fluid and at the same time do the clutch fluid, unless it it is a cable clutch, most dealers recommend 2 years for replacing fluids. Mike:thumb: fingers got crossed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back