Brake warning Lights (1 Viewer)

Apr 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Malibu 640
Good Evening. Whilst driving today I had 2 amber warning lights coming on intermittently, “Full brake control system manual deactivation or restarting” and “ Autonomous emergency brake control (AEB Control) system temporary failure”. I’ve only done 300 miles ish since new, so will take it to the Fiat dealer on Monday, the brakes were working ok. I’m curious if this is a common fault, I’m guessing it’s a problem with a sensor, but no idea really. It’s a Fiat Ducato Automatic.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Good Evening. Whilst driving today I had 2 amber warning lights coming on intermittently, “Full brake control system manual deactivation or restarting” and “ Autonomous emergency brake control (AEB Control) system temporary failure”. I’ve only done 300 miles ish since new, so will take it to the Fiat dealer on Monday, the brakes were working ok. I’m curious if this is a common fault, I’m guessing it’s a problem with a sensor, but no idea really. It’s a Fiat Ducato Automatic.

Sorry to read about your problems in such a short mileage but, as it's covered by warranty, in case it's not just a sensor, I would email the dealer (so that you have proof) and ask if it's safe to drive or do they need to collect?

I know the obvious thing to do is just ring, but as that is just 1-2-1 verbal, it's also deniable if the problem causes an accident.

Probably others, more knowledgeable, will advise later. Good Luck! 🤞

OP
OP
G
Apr 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Malibu 640
No snow, but it was raining. I called the nearest Fiat Professional dealer this morning and asked to make an appointment for someone to check it out, the soonest they are able to look at it is May 5th ! I was told it needs it needs to be looked at by a "Master Technician" She suggested that I call Fiat Assist and if they think it is unroadworthy they will recover it to them and they will then look at earlier if they have a cancellation. The person I spoke to was very helpful but obviously nothing she can do to speed things up, but some where along the line these large companies seem to have acquired an attitude that seems to start on the basis that "The customer is a nuisance who gets in the way".

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G
Apr 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Malibu 640
I'll see what the RAC say and I have emailed the garage as suggested to ask for confirmation that it is safe to drive.

OP
OP
G
Apr 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Malibu 640
All sorted Fiat Assist came out after a breakdown call, the problem was not enough charge being created, so after a reboot and reconnecting all battery terminals etc, seems to be working ok. I’m still appalled by the 6 week delay to get seen by a Fiat dealer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back