St Ivian
Apr 23, 2018
Cambs
Funster No
MH
In between.
Exp
Since 2017
would estimate the software cost at least £6000+, IF you could find a supplier.
Would You still be prepared to buy it
would estimate the software cost at least £6000+, IF you could find a supplier.
Would You still be prepared to buy it
I think I’ll give it a miss! I thought he meant one of those OBD tester things for about £100. This is all becoming too difficult. o_O:confused:

anniej

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Herne, Herne Bay, Kent
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Exec
Exp
20 years
We have an Autosleeper on a Peugeot Boxer. Our engine goes into limp mode when it goes over 3000 revs. The engine just cuts out. Explained to garage and they replaced something in engine but has not cured the problem. Apparently the fuel pump cannot keep up with the requirements of the engine so we always aim to keep below 3000revs

Deleted User
rang Main Stealer for a quote, £400 for the motor and £375 labour as THEY HAVE TO REMOVE BODY from chassis. :Eeek:

Chatting to my 71 yo local mechanic (no pension so can't really retire) the other day and he mentioned LR Discovery Evoque has the same need for BODY OFF CHASSIS for any serious maintenance. No reason to doubt him so I'll bet that's not a cheap jobo_O

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Finally got my MH back to the repair shop today (47 miles round trip) only to be told it was all my fault! Apparently, when the tech plugged his computer into the vehicle it showed that I had pressed the brake pedal and accelerator pedal at the same time which caused the lights to come on again. I told them I couldn’t accept that explanation as I am sure everybody must press both pedals together at some stage without any problems. In fact, I seem to remember years ago that rally drivers did it all the time. Anyway, they cleared the lights and they didn’t come on again on the way home. Happy days.
Picked up brand new MH drove it to the dealers gates and noticed warning light on. Stopped, tech came to investigate with laptop said it was me pressing brake and accelerator together (Skeptical as I'd only driven 100 yds ) cleared fault and on my way. 30 minutes later light back on goes back. Now they decide I need to have the oil pressure sensor switch changed, which I am informed involves open heart surgery on the engine. This is the same warning light two different guys with the laptop. Change sensor. Anyway a year later the light still comes on intermittently but it drives fine and has never gone into limp mode so will let sleeping dogs lie.

Westerham Womble

Free Member
Feb 26, 2019
Westerham Common sometimes
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
3 years
Mines just back from having some work done, I put a summary in the Fiat section. Dealers are told to ignore the warning for pushing both pedals at the same time, at least with auto. Hill hold is linked to abs so this may be the reason it went into limp mode. Mine has since flashed up hill hold & esr unavailable but just resets when you turn ignition off and on. In each dealership there is a technician with additional qualifications at reading the ECU faults and you should insist he looks at your readout, the others just blindly follow the obvious path with no real joined up thinking.
Hope all gets resolved

Apr 1, 2018
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
A/S Corinium RB
If you ever get problems like that again, ask the garage for a copy of the fault codes they retrieved from the vehicle.
A decent garage will be able to either print or e mail them to you.
So if the fault reoccurs you can check the codes and see if it is the same fault or something else.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
To be fair, they did apologise. Didn’t help but it probably made them feel better:D
Hope they didn’t charge you for it, or at least refund you if they did,or at the very very least refit your old one, and let you keep the incorrectly fitted one as a spare.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
No idea why but the ECU can't understand

An ECU understands nothing, it performs certain actions depending inputs which have been programmed by some spotty yoof straight out of Uni with no experience of the real world but with a certainty that he knows best.

OP
OP
St Ivian
Apr 23, 2018
Cambs
Funster No
MH
In between.
Exp
Since 2017
Hope they didn’t charge you for it, or at least refund you if they did,or at the very very least refit your old one, and let you keep the incorrectly fitted one as a spare.
All of the work was done under warranty so the old part had to either be sent back to manufacturer or kept by the repairer in case it is asked for.

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
St Ivian I see you are in Cambs area somewhere. If it is any help my brother in law has a Peugeot Boxer base and used Hindmarch at Stamford who have diagnosed faults that other garages where unable to. eg. French in Perpignan diagnosed a fault on No 1 cylinder/injector when it was No 4. They numbered the cylinders "back to front"
Cheers
Paul

OP
OP
St Ivian
Apr 23, 2018
Cambs
Funster No
MH
In between.
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks Lazyboy. So far all seems well but if the problem comes back I’ll bear your suggestion in mind. :thanks3:

OP
OP
St Ivian
Apr 23, 2018
Cambs
Funster No
MH
In between.
Exp
Since 2017
Two months have passed and the problem is back! :mad: On my way back from a lovely weekend in sunny Norfolk and on comes the “skidding car” light and ASR button lit up. Van went into limp mode for a few seconds then came back to life. After the previous episodes I have been so careful about touching the brake and accelerator pedals even using the inside of my foot for accelerator and inside for braking. Looks like I am back on the phone to dealer tomorrow.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Bugger saving the world from noxious gasses.... I'm going to buy a Ford Anglia and a Commer van.
Plugs, points and a carb.
Fix it in the dark with a Swiss army knife, 2 bits of wire and a bulb.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back