LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
We have a 2016 Fiat Ducato based Knaus. Coming home from Peak District yesterday noticed an amber warning light intermittently coming on where the low external temperature light is. Looking at the dash today and the manual it looks like the brake pad warning light is coming on. Van has literally just done 10,000 miles so doubt (hope) its not the brake pads. Called local Fiat garage to book in for the 15th and he thought it unlikely to be the pads themselves but maybe a sensor or wiring fault and would be looked at under warranty. However just wondered if anyone else had similar issues?

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Have you checked your brake fluid level, that can cause the same indication if it's a bit on the low side.

OP
OP
MichaelT

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
Have you checked your brake fluid level, that can cause the same indication if it's a bit on the low side.
No, TBH I only ever open the bonnet to top up the windscreen wash. Will see what Fiat say when I take it in, I want a small job done anyway so will let them deal with it, I just wondered if its a common issue,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
MichaelT

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
Took van to Fiat dealer today and as usual with these things the warning light had disappeared. Anyway all checked out OK so no issues. Also had TPMS warning levels changed to stop the yellow low tyre pressure light being on permanently...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back