Brake Light Camera Rear Access (1 Viewer)

rikardo

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
Bath
Funster No
MH
Looking to Buy
Exp
Starting Out
Our brake light camera is showing signs of moisture inside the housing. Replacement sourced. Does anyone have any experience of quickest way to gain access to the back of the camera to remove? Appears to be a removable panel in the small above-bed cupboard, but I'd like to check before deconstructing the van. Thanks.

OP
OP
R

rikardo

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
Bath
Funster No
MH
Looking to Buy
Exp
Starting Out
Apologies. Globecar familyscout-l on fiat ducato chassis.

new-2014-globecar-familyscout-l-fiat-150-motorhome-n3037_009~2.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
The rear high level brake light is removed by undoing two external screws on the light.
I don't believe the rear is accessed from the van inside at all. The light is mounted in a box section of steel chassis

OP
OP
R

rikardo

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
Bath
Funster No
MH
Looking to Buy
Exp
Starting Out
Interesting thanks. As you say the red part is removed by external screws. The black part connects through the van and is held on with wing nuts.
Sony-CCD-Rear-View-Brake-Light-Camera-for-Ducato.jpg_640x640.jpg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Interesting thanks. As you say the red part is removed by external screws. The black part connects through the van and is held on with wing nuts. View attachment 240500
If you remove the Red lens part, is there a hole in the black frame element of the light assembly that would let you get a spanner or socket onto a nut that would fit the stud?
This would all you to fix the black frame to the van chassis using the studs, and then attach the Red lens to the black frame using the external screws

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
I think that there are 2 different types. I think that this one uses the externally accessible screws and the existing lights. I have not purchased one yet since I need to see if it will display on my Garmin SatNav.

s-l1600.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back