Brake down in france

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by david price, May 31, 2009.

1. david price

david price

Ratings:
    +27
    Picked motorhome up on Friday afternoon after clutch went in france end of march.
    Still got a battle with fiat about the £710 i have had to pay.Speaking to tradeing standards who at first dident really want to know but are now interested in case and also a motor trade organization recommended on a previous thread.
    Fitted new clutch,flywheel and master clutch cylinder which was found to be leaking and actuator.Not a mechanic but i feel very hard done by with only 11000 miles on the clock.
    Fiat warranty are a waste of time and fiat customer care reckon they have paid about £600 to cover parts.
    I asked the garage for the old parts and they said they no longer had them after me asking for them to keep them so i could get them independantly checked if need be.I guess they where following fiats instructions.
    Reverse judder does not seem so bad but have yet to find time to check properly.
    I guess i have a long battle with fiat,something i could do without right now but not the sort to give without a fight.
    Dave

2. david price

david price

Ratings:
    +27
    Just sent an e mail to dom littlewood of the one show,also e mailed watchdog a while ago but no look there.
    Dave

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +41,194
    Excellent - don't let them get away with it.