Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
just replaced the pads on the rapido Fiat ducato /alco chasis and a bit of a mix up with ordering online from gsf (wrong front pads £12-oo post office to return!) But I digress, the guy helping me (doing it really) who is a red hot mechanic builds cars race bikes etc. remarked that the rear brakes disc ect had seen remarkably little use and whilst he was not overly concerned wondered about the brake balance. I have never had any problem with brakes barring smoking fronts after a few Alpine and Pyrenees mountain decents. He declined to interfere. But I wonder if there is a way to check /or set up? may be an extra complication with alco chasis

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
I think it depends on age of vehicle. Later vans with abs don't have load valves on rear axle to reduce brake pressure if lightly loaded. If rear wheels lock the abs sorts itout. Our x250 fiat/alko chassis doesn't have one. In truth I am not sure what was fitted to earlier fiat alko chassis before abs. Am now sat waiting to be put right......

OP
OP
mick noe

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
I think it depends on age of vehicle. Later vans with abs don't have load valves on rear axle to reduce brake pressure if lightly loaded. If rear wheels lock the abs sorts itout. Our x250 fiat/alko chassis doesn't have one. In truth I am not sure what was fitted to earlier fiat alko chassis before abs. Am now sat waiting to be put right......

thanks for you reply when I get a minute I'll see if there is a load valve ours is an x 250 2007 as I say probably nothing but just wondered.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Brakes are about 70% 30% I believe.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Are you talking brake Balance ie side to side (Checked at MoT time)
Or Brake Proportion ie front to rear
(No system per say is available as a complete independant check, these figures as a % are worked out at design time.and are really non adjustable to the likes of normal garages and owners)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back