Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
Hi Every one, I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and had fun seeing in the New Year under restricted circumstances.

The wife (her indoors) and I were discussing Saturday about the motorhome and she mentioned when she went in there the other day the lights were not working. So in the freezing cold and sort of wrapped up, I ventured out, or into the van to check this out. No lights no power. I checked power to the van okay, no power to the Auxiliary battery either. TV light was on and went out when it was unplugged, however I have not checked out the other 13A mains sockets, I will do when it is not quite so cold. However, with my trusty Fluke meter, I traced power to the rcd board, but a trip had been made to the Fridge. I flipped the trip up okay but nothing else happened. No power to that, microwave or lights lights.

The circuit diagram I have is basic stuff for a circuit diagram and should be easily readable, however the plugs and sockets on the wiring system are not coded together to trace out easily, this makes reading it very difficult. I used to circuit diagrams being complete and any plugs/sockets are usually number coded so a run can be traced easily.

So I need your advice, it will help for the make and model - Elddis Autoquest Prestige 175 - 2014 model.

I suppose I am looking for two things:-
1 - a more definitive circuit diagram as the one that came with the motorhome not specific enough.
2 - has any one else had this experience with theirs, or if your in the trade advice would be appreciated.

It was too cold for me to continue too long inside the van, so I did not check out any fuses at all. I appreciate I must do that next, but meanwhile if you can make any suggestions or provide a proper circuit diagram that would assist me when this cold spell is over.

Or, do I have lock down brain syndrome, missing something like a brain cell or three, or just plain bing a silly arse. Her indoors reckons I am over thinking it, mmm might just be old age creeping upon me as well.

Flook

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
have you checked if you need to set the controls up to charge your batteries some will need to be switched on at the panel

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Have you tried the test button on the RCD, it should trip back off again if there is power to it. If not tripping push the switch down and back up again. They are spring loaded so you should feel some resistance as you reset it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Hi sorry for not getting back sooner.

Mitzimad, the control panel does not have any connection to the leisure battery. I have removed the battery and had on charge but it has not charged at all, I conclude it is dead. I have tried the charger on my old motorcycle battery and it works okay with that, so unfortunately I will need a new leisure one.

Pausim, yes I have tried the trip on the RCD and it works okay, the thing is when I first checked out the RCD unit I found the Fridge tripped. I reset that and it stayed there. So I know I have (or I hope I have) power there.

My next inclination is to remove power to the van, check out all the fuses with my buzzer meter, and if they check okay then remove the rcd unit and check out, very carefully obviously.

However a circuit diagram of the electrics would be helpful. I do have one that came with the van, but, where it shows separate parts of the connections that are not attached there is no reference numbers or relative position numbers to allow me to follow. It is rather like a road map that is cut at the joints and no reference what those joints belong to, if you understand my meaning.

Thank you both for your replies and any other advice is welcome.

Flook

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Some RCDs are passive and others active. The passive ones, as found in consumer units, will stay latched in the on position even when the power is off. If the one on your fridge is also passive then being able to reset it does not prove there is power there. If it is of the active type it will only stay set if there is power present. Both types should ping off if you push the test button but only when there is power present.

Sorry, I know nothing about Elddis wiring and can not help with a diagram. It does sound as if your battery has had it.

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Thanks Pausim. Like I said, what I will do next is remove the power supply so all 240v is out of the picture, remove and check all fuses at the rcd box and others that I know of else where, if they check out okay then remove the rcd box and carefully check that out for internal component damage etc.

But what I also want to do is before removing the 240v is the check out each 13a socket inside with my light tester that I plug in and the display shows me whether it is wired correct and power as well.

In a previous life before I retired I used to repair domestic appliances from your microwave to fridge systems etc, so I know my way around circuit diagrams and circuit boards etc. But I just cannot get my head together at present for some reason, so I must make a concerted effort soon.

Thanks again

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back